#331 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,730 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostTheysavedHolyfield, on 16 April 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

Did anybody actually pay money for that garbage?

One of the fights was a fight of the year candidate, Herrera vs I forget. Really good phone booth fight.

#332 perfectjet

perfectjet

perfect jet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostDetroitMex, on 16 April 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

That chick at the end is really a dude.

Yeah i thought that. Bam bam wasnt too interested.

#333 DrAndy

DrAndy

Chad > Popkins

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,791 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

All those defending the decision (no robbery, etc) are all pointing to Abril's negatives.  None can make an argument for what Rios actually did... because he did NOTHING.  Round after round, he was completely nullified, while Abril, though not flashy, kept popping him.  I think anywhere from 9-3 to 12-0 for Abril were fair scores.

#334 perfectjet

perfectjet

perfect jet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostDrAndy, on 16 April 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

All those defending the decision (no robbery, etc) are all pointing to Abril's negatives.  None can make an argument for what Rios actually did... because he did NOTHING.  Round after round, he was completely nullified, while Abril, though not flashy, kept popping him.  I think anywhere from 9-3 to 12-0 for Abril were fair scores.

Totally correct doc. And the best counter argument to those whining about abril clinching is that for lots of the fight he didnt clinch at all, he stood right up on rios shoulder (in that stance he used), wasnt holding, wasnt touching rios....and bam bam couldnt land a thing. Other than a few early jabs to the body, rios totally neglected the jab for the remainder of the fight. He looked like he was in a soft spar, thats how off the pace he was.

When you look at it....antillon was perfect for rios because he fights in close and doesnt clinch or have any skill fighting that fight. Soto got tired hitting urbano with 100 uppercuts. Murray was the same in that he fought up close with rios from the start...thats murrays game but again, it was a "see who last the longest" thing and bam bam is too big to fight like that. The only guy with smarts, acosta, almost had rios out. But rios was able to break him.

At 140, its going to be interesting to see how rios goes. As mark says, he might have to go 147.

I like abrils right uppercut, he popped that off nice a few times. I said on twit that abril is like prods boy miguel vasquez in a broad sense. Maybe skinny " bag o bones" lightweights should not be messed with. Lol

Edited by perfectjet, 16 April 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#335 boyakasha!

boyakasha!

My mother has encouraged me to render you unconscious.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,939 posts
  • Location:Trying to decide which is the superior movie... Tommy Boy or Black Sheep?

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

I bought the PPV.

Edited by boyakasha!, 16 April 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#336 prodigious1

prodigious1

Box-Jitsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,728 posts
  • Interests:Consciousness and unconsciousness.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

View Postperfectjet, on 16 April 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

I like abrils right uppercut, he popped that off nice a few times.
Yeah, the timing of that shot was excellent.

#337 DrAndy

DrAndy

Chad > Popkins

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,791 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

View Postperfectjet, on 16 April 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

Totally correct doc. And the best counter argument to those whining about abril clinching is that for lots of the fight he didnt clinch at all, he stood right up on rios shoulder (in that stance he used), wasnt holding, wasnt touching rios....and bam bam couldnt land a thing. Other than a few early jabs to the body, rios totally neglected the jab for the remainder of the fight. He looked like he was in a soft spar, thats how off the pace he was.

Agree, even when he wasn't sliding along the outside or holding, he was having little trouble neutralizing Rios.  It wasn't an exciting performance, but it was skillful and effective.

#338 perfectjet

perfectjet

perfect jet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostDrAndy, on 16 April 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Agree, even when he wasn't sliding along the outside or holding, he was having little trouble neutralizing Rios.  It wasn't an exciting performance, but it was skillful and effective.

I enjoyed watching it, it was a clinic.

I guess its like movies - if their is no blood and guts fans dont want to know about it. Soon we'l have media folk and fans calling for these sort of fighters having their licenses revoked for not being exciting enough. I dont want to watch abril every week but damn if he doesnt deserve another big fight, regardless of his style. Lets see someone jump in and deal with it . rios couldnt. Yet the talk shifts from garcia, rios and arum : "he's a guy thats hard to look good against, he doesnt come to fight". Up their ass with that crap - he schooled you, thats the bottom line.

#339 kc40

kc40

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

I need to see this fight, I underestimated Abril's talent (I definitely did not consider him beating Rios inside).

But then again this wasn't a 100% Rios.  Would Abril present the same problems to a Rios with no weight-making issues?   Perhaps they can meet again
somewhere down the line at 140, that would be more than fair for Abril and for the boxing fans.

#340 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

View Postkc40, on 17 April 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

I need to see this fight, I underestimated Abril's talent (I definitely did not consider him beating Rios inside).

But then again this wasn't a 100% Rios.  Would Abril present the same problems to a Rios with no weight-making issues?   Perhaps they can meet again
somewhere down the line at 140, that would be more than fair for Abril and for the boxing fans.

I wouldn't advise watching it, it will only get you angry. Abril said he would rematch Rios at 160 pounds and I don't think it would be any different. 12-0 Abril, Rios wins!!!!!!!!!!!!

#341 perfectjet

perfectjet

perfect jet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

Good article, cuts to the bone:

http://www.fighthype...ticle12190.html

#342 prodigious1

prodigious1

Box-Jitsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,728 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

Not only have certain writers refused to get nasty with the judges and the promotional company, ONE MAN on the ENTIRE PLANET, besides Arum, scored it for Rios! They're buddies, don't ya know. Rios makes him feel like a star, like Margarito and some obese Mexican before him. See, this person doesn't know even a little bit about boxing, BUT he's an excellent ass kisser and boxing loves those. Even clueless scumbags can make it! In fact, they run this sport! I wonder if he explained himself on air...

Edited by prodigious1, 18 April 2012 - 09:57 AM.

#343 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

Tommy Hearns did roids, seriously.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

View Postprodigious1, on 18 April 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

Not only have certain writers refused to get nasty with the judges and the promotional company, ONE MAN on the ENTIRE PLANET, besides Arum, scored it for Rios! They're buddies, don't ya know. Rios makes him feel like a star, like Margarito and some obese Mexican before him. See, this "writer" doesn't know even a little bit about boxing, BUT he's an excellent ass kisser and boxing loves those. Even clueless scumbags can make it! In fact, they run this sport! I wonder if he explained himself on air...

Robert Garcia is the flavor of the month.  He gives writers access, interviews, etc....  They aren't going to go all out on the bashing.  See Roach at Wild Card.

#344 prodigious1

prodigious1

Box-Jitsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,728 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

Remember when it was Floyd Sr.? Arum even sent him to Terrible!

#345 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

Tommy Hearns did roids, seriously.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

View Postprodigious1, on 18 April 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Remember when it was Floyd Sr.? Arum even sent him to Terrible!

The biggest drop was Buddy McGirt.  Dude was everywhere, where is he now?

Jab to the chest!!!!

#346 kc40

kc40

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

Loving Alvarado-Herrera.  Herrera is one gutsy customer.  Alvarado loves to eat up punches, I wonder what will happen when that chin is tested by a top level guy his size.

#347 perfectjet

perfectjet

perfect jet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Not only have certain writers refused to get nasty with the judges and the promotional company, ONE MAN on the ENTIRE PLANET, besides Arum, scored it for Rios! They're buddies, don't ya know. Rios makes him feel like a star, like Margarito and some obese Mexican before him. See, this person doesn't know even a little bit about boxing, BUT he's an excellent ass kisser and boxing loves those. Even clueless scumbags can make it! In fact, they run this sport! I wonder if he explained himself on air...

Lol.

#348 escoria

escoria

Viejo de los MaxBoards

• Members
  • Pip
  • 437 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

I have watched the fight several times and I can't see away, even when being generous to give the fight to Rios. Sime os this writers, specially west coast based ones, don't give any credit to boxers. If Ali were to come up through the ranks now they would label him a spoiler. Boxing is about controling the distance and the pace at which fighters engae, the pugilist that does that wins most of the time. Those saying that Abril head too much, mostly wet coast based scribes with dubious interests, did not mention anything about Rios rushing in with his head and excesive pushing in the inside. In fightinf is a battle for positioningn which innetibly leads to holding and pushing to gain an advantage in the positioning of both arms and feet.  Winning that battle is not a matter of cheating, but craftiness. There was also no mention of Rios's fight night weight, probably because he did not step on a sale, but is it fair to expect a guy who obviously gave up a considerable amount of weight to a guy who blatantly failed to make the pre-fight agreeed on weight to exchange blow for blow in the inside? With the invention of the Internet profesional journalism is rapidly dying. And to think we were harsh on guys lioke Katz, Putman and Kimball. Most of these shouldn't be allowed to be called their coleagues, much less sit next to them on press row.

#349 perfectjet

perfectjet

perfect jet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

Good post above.

I saw a frustrated rios hit abril on the back of the head a number of times too.

#350 Big Damage

Big Damage

Belt Holder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

S kim's article on the max home page seems rather deflective of the issue of the robbery.

Not that I'm surprised.

#351 perfectjet

perfectjet

perfect jet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

View PostBig Damage, on 19 April 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

S kim's article on the max home page seems rather deflective of the issue of the robbery.

Not that I'm surprised.

The whole world knows he is on topranks books. They even start threads about it now lol.

Steve tried to hide it for a long time but he just fell deeper and deeper in love with arum and his staff.

#352 RODEMEYER

RODEMEYER

Unified Champion

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

Haven't had my coffee yet
can I get a hint on who you're talking about?
initials at least?

#353 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,730 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

View PostRODEMEYER, on 19 April 2012 - 06:23 AM, said:

Haven't had my coffee yet
can I get a hint on who you're talking about?
initials at least?

Just can't say.
Endeavor to believe it could be anyone.
Example: it could be Harold Lederman
That's all I have.

#354 RODEMEYER

RODEMEYER

Unified Champion

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

View PostSmelodies, on 19 April 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

Just can't say.
Endeavor to believe it could be anyone.
Example: it could be Harold Lederman
That's all I have.

ok I had my coffee
but
maybe I should have dropped some acid instead

can you try to think inside the box smels
I'm having an offer day

#355 prodigious1

prodigious1

Box-Jitsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,728 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

View PostRODEMEYER, on 19 April 2012 - 06:51 AM, said:

ok I had my coffee
but
maybe I should have dropped some acid instead
ahahahahaha brilliant.

rode: it works for Kim, who is clearly working for Top Rank and proud of it. but it was actually directed at one of his pals who scored it for Rios.

Edited by prodigious1, 19 April 2012 - 07:02 AM.

#356 RODEMEYER

RODEMEYER

Unified Champion

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

so Kim is Jeet?

today is going to be a great day.

#357 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,730 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

View PostRODEMEYER, on 19 April 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

so Kim is Jeet?

Precisely.

#358 leee

leee

Shut the F*** up Leee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,490 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

View Postperfectjet, on 19 April 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

The whole world knows he is on topranks books. They even start threads about it now lol.

Steve tried to hide it for a long time but he just fell deeper and deeper in love with arum and his staff.

People have to get paid man. That is the difference between internet blog writers and real writers. Kim is the former with no other occupation so he has to give in to something like that. Not saying it is right but I can understand.

I might be wrong so if I am OK, but he never mentions doing anything else for a living and I don't see how you can make a living writing on a small website such as this.

#359 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

I'm not sure, Steve likes to portray himself as living large so i doubt he would do an article about cleaning gymnasiums at night.

#360 boyakasha!

boyakasha!

My mother has encouraged me to render you unconscious.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,939 posts
  • Location:Trying to decide which is the superior movie... Tommy Boy or Black Sheep?

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Steve Kim sucks badly at everything.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users