Jump to content





Pac vs Bradley June 9th

boxing

191 replies to this topic

#181 prodigious1

prodigious1

    Box-Jitsu

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,728 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Outskirts
  • Interests:Consciousness and unconsciousness.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostDetroitMex, on 24 February 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

Floyd.
That's why you're so resistant to the idea that Pac has slowed even a touch. You want Floyd to get full credit just in case they do fight, and you think I'm trying to take it from him cuz I'm a Pac nuthugger (who has rooted for him in a fight once ever).

#182 leee

leee

    Shut the F*** up Leee

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,490 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

View Postponch, on 24 February 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Do you think JMM is as good as he's ever been? Their last fight certainly wasn't of quite the same caliber as their first two.

JMM looked pretty damn good to me, better then he did in fights against Kats and the first one with Diaz (until he crushed them both).

Edited by leee, 24 February 2012 - 06:37 PM.


#183 DJA

DJA

    Building a working margin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

View Postponch, on 22 February 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Although it would have been nice to see Bradley fight one decent 147 fight first.
Bradley fought Abregu at 147.  (IIRC, that was the fight where the shit between him and Shaw really started hitting the fan.  No promotion by Shaw and his wannabe rapper son, unknown opponents, etc... )

And Tim fought in the amateurs at 152, so he'll be plenty strong enough.

#184 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

    Tommy Hearns did roids, seriously.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I ♥ leee

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

View Postprodigious1, on 24 February 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

That's why you're so resistant to the idea that Pac has slowed even a touch. You want Floyd to get full credit just in case they do fight, and you think I'm trying to take it from him cuz I'm a Pac nuthugger (who has rooted for him in a fight once ever).

You are so far off.  I could care less what kind of credit he gets as long as Pac gets his ass kicked. Quite frankly, Bradley kicking Pac's ass would be just as enjoyable. RJMM getting the nod would have been twice as enjoyable as seeing Floyd toy with Pac.  I couldn't even joy that fight, however, because watching it, I never for one second thought that fight would be scored fairly.

I actually think you want to convince people that Pac is shot so when Floyd decapitates him your previous takes of him giving Floyd hell have a disclaimer.  Floyd skullfucks at any point in their careers.  I think if they are both diminished, it actually helps Pac because defensive skills erosion is more evident but that really is a moot point.   I enjoyed watching Holmes beat the crap out of Ali, didn't bother me that he was shot and I didn't consider Holmes the greatest for doing it.

Edited by DetroitMex, 24 February 2012 - 08:03 PM.


#185 Smelodies

Smelodies

    Rootsy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,739 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

You, ali's first two wives, and Joe frazier were probably the only people who enjoyed watching that.

#186 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

    Tommy Hearns did roids, seriously.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I ♥ leee

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostSmelodies, on 24 February 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

You, ali's first two wives, and Joe frazier were probably the only people who enjoyed watching that.

I hated Ali.  I was about 12 years old, Ali having Parkinson's wasn't in the equation at the time.  If you think only about 5 people enjoyed seeing Ali get his ass kicked you are delusional.

#187 prodigious1

prodigious1

    Box-Jitsu

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,728 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Outskirts
  • Interests:Consciousness and unconsciousness.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostDetroitMex, on 24 February 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

I actually think you want to convince people that Pac is shot so when Floyd decapitates him your previous takes of him giving Floyd hell have a disclaimer.
aaaaaaaaahahahahha so i was right.

i'm a nuthugger cuz i gave Pac a chance... how long ago? hahaha this is the best. how dare i?

your obsession with Pac is AT LEAST as deep and multi-layered as any Pactard. very strange, but i love it anyway.

#188 Smelodies

Smelodies

    Rootsy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,739 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostDetroitMex, on 24 February 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

I hated Ali.  I was about 12 years old, Ali having Parkinson's wasn't in the equation at the time.

That's the first boxing match I was ever aware. I remember my Grandpa Ben was following it closely, and at school we were talking about it as well. For years afterwards I thought Larry Holmes was the toughest man in the world, but I didn't see the fight and wouldn't have recognized him.

#189 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

    Tommy Hearns did roids, seriously.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I ♥ leee

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

View Postprodigious1, on 24 February 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

aaaaaaaaahahahahha so i was right. i'm a nuthugger cuz i gave Pac a chance... how long ago? hahaha this is the best. how dare i? your obsession with Pac is AT LEAST as deep and multi-layered as any Pactard. very strange, but i love it anyway.
Ummm, you gave him more than a chance. And I don't think you are hugger because you thought he could win. It was a horrible take, but not one that makes you a hugger per se. Your staunch defense of his honor as a sporting gentleman makes you a hugger.  Stop assassinating his character!!!!

Edited by DetroitMex, 24 February 2012 - 08:58 PM.


#190 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

    Tommy Hearns did roids, seriously.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I ♥ leee

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostSmelodies, on 24 February 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

That's the first boxing match I was ever aware. I remember my Grandpa Ben was following it closely, and at school we were talking about it as well. For years afterwards I thought Larry Holmes was the toughest man in the world, but I didn't see the fight and wouldn't have recognized him.

I never really appreciated Holmes' run until about 20 years after he retired.

#191 Smelodies

Smelodies

    Rootsy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,739 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Which would you rather watch, another Freddie Roach show or Ali's birthday party to be shown tomorrow?

#192 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

    Tommy Hearns did roids, seriously.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I ♥ leee

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostSmelodies, on 24 February 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

Which would you rather watch, another Freddie Roach show or Ali's birthday party to be shown tomorrow?

You are baiting me into saying something very mean.



Reply to this topic



  



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users