#1 dread

dread

I want the angel

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Maidana deserves his own thread.  

I'm not so confident that he beats Broner up, but here's hoping you guys are right.

#2 RayTheBest

RayTheBest

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

I would like to wait and see this fight first before making the judgement how good Broner is. We all know what Maidana can do, so it's up to Broner to make impression.

#3 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Ass whipping. With all the corruption and bull shit that goes on, they bit off more than they can chew here.

#4 RayTheBest

RayTheBest

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

A few things I want to check:
1) Broner's foot and hand speed and movement against a quality fighter;
2) if Broner has the defense and accuracy to effectively counter whenever Maidana presents chances;
3) if Broner has the gut to grind out a win;
4) how good Broner's chin is;
5) if Broner can hurt Maidana at all.

#5 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

I can answer #2 for you, Broner's defense sucks and he is an abysmal counter puncher because he has to think about his shitty defense. The rest are valid questions.

#6 RayTheBest

RayTheBest

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

He's certainly no Mayweather, no doubt. I don't know how much of an improvement he has made overall though. All his weaknesses will be exposed in this fight. We will find out how good Broner really is.

#7 walk with me

walk with me

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

I love this fight because of how hard it is too call.....

Broner is more skilled than Maidana but I don't think he is so much more skilled than Maidana that he can easily keep Maidana from outworking him. Maidana is bigger and stronger than AB, Skill can nullify size but i don't think broner is THAT skilled.

No outcome would surprise me here... but for the sake of calling it

I think Broner will start out easily outboxing Maidana through the 5th or 6th round and then Maidana will turn up the heat in the late rounds maybe knocking Broner down but not out. Broner will get a decision that will be disputed by some in a fight thats good enough to warrant a rematch becuase of how much MM came on in the 2nd half of the fight.

#8 kc40

kc40

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

I can see Broner trying to reproduce Alexander's recipe, but that's not really his style; he is not really a defensive fighter.  It is very easy to catch Maidana, but Maidana has underrated accuracy and his power at 147 is real.  

Btw, watched finally Maidana/Soto-Karass, gotta say Maidana was plain dirty in that fight.  And Bayless sucked 100%, the early stoppage was icing on the cake of suckiness.

#9 boyakasha!

boyakasha!

My mother has encouraged me to render you unconscious.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,940 posts
  • Location:Trying to decide which is the superior movie... Tommy Boy or Black Sheep?

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Broner will smoke Maidana.

#10 RAWDOGG69STYLE

RAWDOGG69STYLE

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Family...Boxing...MMA...Raiders...Lakers...Drinking...Blazing...Traveling

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

I say broners tha truth n pulls out a ud...but i really want tha crude slugger from argentina to knock out this loud mouth youngsta!

#11 Muziko1

Muziko1

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

Broner might stop Maidana. As annoying as his antics can be... that lil fucker can FIGHT. Maidana hath not the tools to solve the Problem.

#12 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

If by problem, you mean bullshit officials you might be spot on. Funny thing is, if Broner runs Marcos could out-box him.

#13 Jaxamillian

Jaxamillian

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

I want to see Broner shaking his head saying that Maidana didn't hurt him early on; and slowly see his face grow in concern over the course of the fight until he's got that lost look on his face later in the fight, giving up on his stool in the before the 12th

#14 Muziko1

Muziko1

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

YellowLorrySlow, on 03 October 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

If by problem, you mean bullshit officials you might be spot on. Funny thing is, if Broner runs Marcos could out-box him.

We HAVE been getting treated to a variety of horrible score cards as of late, but I don't recall Broner ever getting a gift decision. The Ponce De Leon and Malignaggi fights were kinda close... but I thought he won both of them clearly. But there IS the strong possibility that this happens for shizzle.
Also, I don't recall Broner ever "running" when he fights. He's usually flat footed and right in front of his opponent, attempting to roll/slip/block all incoming fire. That may change if & when Maidana starts landing some hard leather, but I still think Broner's too slick for the likes of El Chino.
I really wish Broner would have fought at Jr. Welter against the wealth of talent lurking therein.

#15 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Muziko1, on 03 October 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

We HAVE been getting treated to a variety of horrible score cards as of late, but I don't recall Broner ever getting a gift decision. The Ponce De Leon and Malignaggi fights were kinda close... but I thought he won both of them clearly. But there IS the strong possibility that this happens for shizzle.
Also, I don't recall Broner ever "running" when he fights. He's usually flat footed and right in front of his opponent, attempting to roll/slip/block all incoming fire. That may change if & when Maidana starts landing some hard leather, but I still think Broner's too slick for the likes of El Chino.
I really wish Broner would have fought at Jr. Welter against the wealth of talent lurking therein.

I thought Ponce beat him, not a robbery but a terrible performance. Broner isn't slick at all. A lot of people mistake fast black fighters for being slick. This dude is a brawler but he's too in love with Floyd to be himself.

#16 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,737 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

He's slicker than Maidana and that's all that matters in December.

#17 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

Smelodies, on 03 October 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

He really isn't, and much more than that will matter.

#18 Jaxamillian

Jaxamillian

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

GGG-Stevens, Pac-Rios, JMM Bradley, return of Cotto, Broner-Maidana.  Good couple of months coming up.

Edited by Jaxamillian, 03 October 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#19 ScotTheRoc

ScotTheRoc

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

Muziko1, on 03 October 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

Broner might stop Maidana. As annoying as his antics can be... that lil fucker can FIGHT. Maidana hath not the tools to solve the Problem.
It's hard to say how he'll look against Maidana.  Marcos is an aggressive welterweight who can actually punch.  Malinaggi didn't prepare Broner for that.  Neither did the Lollipop Kid he fought before him.

#20 ScotTheRoc

ScotTheRoc

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Jaxamillian, on 03 October 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

GGG-Stevens, Pac-Rios, JMM Bradley, return of Cotto, Broner-Maidana.  Good couple of months coming up.
Great things heading our way, sir!

#21 macmax

macmax

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

the only thing that would bother me is a punch to the liver and Maidana not taking it if AB has some power at 147.
Besides that, AB is an awful defensive fighter who gets hit whenever the opponent throws a punch.

If Maidana wants this and isn't moved by the punches to the belly, he wins this one.

#22 Monzon

Monzon

Monzon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

Smelodies, on 03 October 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

Dude, Maidana is only slightly slicker than a heavy bag.  But he can do a decent job of blocking punches with his gloves.  Slickness won't be the only thing that counts when Maidana and Broner fight.  Work rate will probably count for more.  I think it is going to be very hard for Broner to pull out a win by throwing 30 punches a round against Maidana.

#23 DJA

DJA

Building a working margin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

Maidana's footwork isn't refined, and he overcommits.  When he does, Broner has the foot speed to close the gap and he has the accuracy to land combinations.  Maidana will land punches, but Broner's got a much better chin than Khan or Ortiz.  Broner is going to take a big lead into the late rounds and then the only question will be if he'll have enough stamina and guile to weather a late rally from Maidana.

#24 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,737 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Monzon, on 04 October 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

I think it is going to be very hard for Broner to pull out a win by throwing 30 punches a round against Maidana.

Please, judges love Broner. It'll be hard for Maidana to win as long as Broner is still standing.

#25 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

DJA, on 04 October 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

Maidana's footwork isn't refined, and he overcommits.  When he does, Broner has the foot speed to close the gap and he has the accuracy to land combinations.  Maidana will land punches, but Broner's got a much better chin than Khan or Ortiz.  Broner is going to take a big lead into the late rounds and then the only question will be if he'll have enough stamina and guile to weather a late rally from Maidana.

Broner can't counter punch, if he could this plan could work. Broner is an athletic plodder. Look how wide apart his feet are, he isn't made for slipping and pouncing. You'll see.

#26 macmax

macmax

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

but smelodies has a point. Maidana either ko's the little fag or looses

#27 beastmode78

beastmode78

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

Man this has been a fun read didn't get to post because I could'nt but I would have been going with El Chino :blush:

#28 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,737 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

I had it for Maidana all along but someone got a hold of my password.

#29 Oliver's Tears

Oliver's Tears

Watery Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

As I was typing how badly Maidana was going to kick Broner's ass, the board died, so you'll just have to take my word for it, I guess.

#30 RAWDOGG69STYLE

RAWDOGG69STYLE

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Family...Boxing...MMA...Raiders...Lakers...Drinking...Blazing...Traveling

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

I picked broner by ud but Marcos showed his skill and will...his win gave me chills...he deserves tha mayweather fight...I saw maidana vs morales and maidana vs josesito live both awesome fights I'm a fan of maidana dude brings tha pain.

Edited by RAWDOGG69STYLE, 22 April 2014 - 09:56 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users