Who do you like in this one?

#2 RayTheBest

RayTheBest

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Well, if Marquez is still hungry and as good as he was in Pac IV, I think he stops Bradley late in the fight. If complacency or age has caught up with him, it will be a decision win for Bradley. I believe Marquez wouldn't have aged so much in just a few months, so I'll take Marquez, possibly by KO during Rds 9-11. Bradley can be slick but he's no Mayweather. He also tends to get hit and sometimes his competitive side shows up and he charges in head-first. If he does that with JMM, he will get hurt as he was in Provodnikov fight and JMM will finish him. Even if Bradley tries to box, JMM will be prepared to take some punches in order to land his own and that can be even more dangerous for Timmy. Either way, if JMM is still decent, he should take the decisive win.

Oh, another factor could be PED. I wonder if JMM will juice for this fight. If he doesn't do it, maybe he will suddenly look very old and Bradley may outbox him to a close decision.

#3 ScotTheRoc

ScotTheRoc

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

I'm pulling for Marquez, but it depends on how Bradley decides to go at it.  If he starts winging punches like he did against Ruslan he is going to get cold-cocked.  I think he knows better than that.  He'll probably fight Marquez like he fought Abregu.  (Hmm, Abregu is pursuing a rematch and is now with Top Rank).

#4 RAWDOGG69STYLE

RAWDOGG69STYLE

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Family...Boxing...MMA...Raiders...Lakers...Drinking...Blazing...Traveling

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

If marquez is juiced i say marquez but if he aint timmys gonna make tha old man look it!

#5 BoBilo

BoBilo

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

Marquez combinations his way to a Majority Decision. Tim will bother Marquez with pressure but Marquez will be Marquez.

#6 yipman

yipman

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:DIE HARD ALI FAN

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

Marquez. Right now the only people that can beat him are floyd and pac. He's such a sound technician and that poses a problem for bradley. Bradley is good, but hes not special.

#7 leee

leee

Shut the F*** up Leee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,490 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostRAWDOGG69STYLE, on 05 June 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

If marquez is juiced i say marquez but if he aint timmys gonna make tha old man look it!

I don't know, against Bradley Marquez "bulking" up might hurt him more. Different fight then the 4th with Pac. Even before he terminated Manny you could tell that he sacrificed some of what he is best at for the power to do what he did. It paid off against Manny. Of course erasing Pac makes everyone forget that Pac looked the best against him he ever has and Marquez took a lot of punishment as well.

I like Bradley in a split or MD.

#8 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,737 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm seriously considering betting on Bradley. I'm not convinced that an (on paper or legitimately) undefeated 29 year old should be an underdog to 40 year old who regularly cuts and gets dropped.

#9 Oliver's Tears

Oliver's Tears

Watery Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'm flip flopping like crazy in my mind.  On one hand, I'm pretty sure Marquez is not as good as perception is anymore.  He knows how to fight Manny, and he set him up perfectly to do what he did, and that's great.  But that doesn't mean he's still great and there aren't guys who could beat him now that wouldn't have had a chance a couple years ago.  So I can see Bradley making Marquez look as old as he actually is.  But on the other hand, I can't see a scenario where Marquez doesn't nearly decapitate Timmy in an exchange.  Timmy will exchange at some point (he can't help himself), and Marquez will not miss when this happens.   Timmy's punch resistance is declining, and he looked like a fat fuck a couple months ago, so this isn't going to improve with the weight he had to drop.  This inevitable moment in the exchange does not bode well for Timmy.  So I can talk myself into a wider than expected Bradley decision, or highlight reel KO for Marquez.  I really don't fucking know.

#10 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostOliver, on 27 August 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

I'm flip flopping like crazy in my mind.  On one hand, I'm pretty sure Marquez is not as good as perception is anymore.  He knows how to fight Manny, and he set him up perfectly to do what he did, and that's great.  But that doesn't mean he's still great and there aren't guys who could beat him now that wouldn't have had a chance a couple years ago.  So I can see Bradley making Marquez look as old as he actually is.  But on the other hand, I can't see a scenario where Marquez doesn't nearly decapitate Timmy in an exchange.  Timmy will exchange at some point (he can't help himself), and Marquez will not miss when this happens.   Timmy's punch resistance is declining, and he looked like a fat fuck a couple months ago, so this isn't going to improve with the weight he had to drop.  This inevitable moment in the exchange does not bode well for Timmy.  So I can talk myself into a wider than expected Bradley decision, or highlight reel KO for Marquez.  I really don't fucking know.

Same place I am. My gut is saying Bradley, and then my eyes picture when he stares at the canvas and wings 5 wild shots in a row. Marquez could capitalize on that when he is 80. I'm not betting a penny on this one.

#11 walk with me

walk with me

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

bradley will edge the fight with some tough to call rounds but the cards will favor marquez in what some will call a robbery....

Edited by walk with me, 27 August 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#12 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,737 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

View Postwalk with me, on 27 August 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

bradley will edge the fight with some tough to call rounds but the cards will favor marquez in what some will call a robbery....

Judges usually favor the younger, undefeated fighter.

I also don't think this article should be forgotten about, just because of recent fights:

http://www.boxingsce...-bradley--61157

Nacho had a bad feeling about this matchup.

#13 walk with me

walk with me

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostSmelodies, on 27 August 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

I also don't think this article should be forgotten about, just because of recent fights:

bob arum wants pt 5

#14 RayTheBest

RayTheBest

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:56 AM

View PostSmelodies, on 27 August 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

That seems because of how he sees the fight will develop, not because Nacho think Bradley will be difficult opponent and Marquez is in danger of losing. Nacho thinks the fight won't be exciting because of Bradley and his style. Well, maybe he is trying to lure Bradley into a fight rather than having a strategic boxing match. I think Nacho wants to make Bradley to come in so that JMM can counter him.

#15 DJA

DJA

Building a working margin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostYellowLorrySlow, on 27 August 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Same place I am. My gut is saying Bradley, and then my eyes picture when he stares at the canvas and wings 5 wild shots in a row. Marquez could capitalize on that when he is 80. I'm not betting a penny on this one.
I'm looking for a line on what round Bradley will cut JMM with a butt

#16 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,737 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostRayTheBest, on 28 August 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

That seems because of how he sees the fight will develop, not because Nacho think Bradley will be difficult opponent and Marquez is in danger of losing. Nacho thinks the fight won't be exciting because of Bradley and his style. Well, maybe he is trying to lure Bradley into a fight rather than having a strategic boxing match. I think Nacho wants to make Bradley to come in so that JMM can counter him.

You do realize the article predates the fight being made? It dates back to January 2013, shortly after Pacquiao got knocked out.

#17 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,737 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

View Postwalk with me, on 27 August 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

bob arum wants pt 5

He can have it whether Marquez wins or loses. In fact if Marquez loses, Arum is in a better negotiating position.

#18 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

If Marquez loses legitimately, I'll bet he retires.

#19 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,737 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostYellowLorrySlow, on 28 August 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

If Marquez loses legitimately, I'll bet he retires.

No goodbye fight against a certain someone south of the border?

#20 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostSmelodies, on 28 August 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

No goodbye fight against a certain someone south of the border?

Nah, that ship has long sailed.

#21 RODEMEYER

RODEMEYER

Unified Champion

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostYellowLorrySlow, on 28 August 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

Nah, that ship has long sailed.

Are you talking Jim orFloyd?

#22 RODEMEYER

RODEMEYER

Unified Champion

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostRODEMEYER, on 30 August 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Are you talking Jim orFloyd?

Fuckin' smart asks ipads

#23 RODEMEYER

RODEMEYER

Unified Champion

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostRODEMEYER, on 30 August 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Fuckin' smart asks ipads

There we go. Again
Why can't these friggin things post what you type?

#24 RODEMEYER

RODEMEYER

Unified Champion

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

I give up

#25 boyakasha!

boyakasha!

My mother has encouraged me to render you unconscious.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,940 posts
  • Location:Trying to decide which is the superior movie... Tommy Boy or Black Sheep?

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Badge and Gun.

YouTube it.

#26 walk with me

walk with me

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

#27 Butters

Butters

everyone know's its Butters...that's me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

If Bradley can fight smart, I think he can take this 8-4ish. But I am worried that his last fight took too much out of him, and that he'll end up on the floor ála P-Will.

#28 sunfish

sunfish

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

How often has Bradley been in face first wars and how often was pwill?

#29 Butters

Butters

everyone know's its Butters...that's me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Bradley is a face first fighter. Pwill had some tough fights, both the first Marinez and the Margarito fight were fights where he took quite a few punches.

#30 sunfish

sunfish

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

You haven't watched him fight much.
You've seen the provodnikov fight.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users