#6751 Jaxamillian

Jaxamillian

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostYellowLorrySlow, on 01 October 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

It's going to happen. Worst case is a brutally bad decision, but he's getting his ass kicked for sure.

Maidana's not exactly hard to hit though, and Broner is a sharpshooter.  Maidana is also surprisingly frail for a brawler- hurt against Josesito Lopez, Khan, Morales...

#6752 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,737 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostJaxamillian, on 01 October 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

Maidana's not exactly hard to hit though, and Broner is a sharpshooter.  Maidana is also surprisingly frail for a brawler- hurt against Josesito Lopez, Khan, Morales...

You forgot Ortiz.

#6753 Jaxamillian

Jaxamillian

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostSmelodies, on 01 October 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

You forgot Ortiz.

Probably Soto Karass, too.  I'm guessing, I haven't seen the fight.

#6754 Bone Marrow

Bone Marrow

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

View PostYellowLorrySlow, on 01 October 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

It's going to happen. Worst case is a brutally bad decision, but he's getting his ass kicked for sure.

I agree on the asskicking. My question in this one is, if the wupping gets brutal enough, will Broner give up the shoulder roll BS and start fighting to his strength? He had no reason to against the pillows of Paulie, but with Maidana raping his ass, he might be forced to give it up and start throwing combos to try and keep Maidana of him. My money might go on Broner SD. If he can stay on his feet this smells of robbery all the way to the bank.

#6755 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostJaxamillian, on 01 October 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

Broner doesn't punch when people are punching at him. As for Maidana being frail, that's hysterical.

#6756 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostBone Marrow, on 02 October 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

I agree on the asskicking. My question in this one is, if the wupping gets brutal enough, will Broner give up the shoulder roll BS and start fighting to his strength? He had no reason to against the pillows of Paulie, but with Maidana raping his ass, he might be forced to give it up and start throwing combos to try and keep Maidana of him. My money might go on Broner SD. If he can stay on his feet this smells of robbery all the way to the bank.

If he opens up we'll have an awesome war. It depends on what kind of balls the kid has, haven't seen that yet. A robbery is very much in play, Broner "schooling" him like I've read a lot of places is impossible.

#6757 Bone Marrow

Bone Marrow

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostYellowLorrySlow, on 02 October 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

If he opens up we'll have an awesome war. It depends on what kind of balls the kid has, haven't seen that yet. A robbery is very much in play, Broner "schooling" him like I've read a lot of places is impossible.

Yeah, the way I see this going is that Broner starts out with a lot of posing, shoulder rolling and showboating. Kind of like the paulie fight. Meanwhile Maidana kicks his ass. Then somewhere between round 4 and 6 Broner realises that he is losing and shit starts hurting. He can then either give up all BS and start unloading while trying to pressure Maidana backwards with accurate, quick combos or he can stubbornly persists with the BS and gets an asswupping all the way. If Broner decides to fight fire with fire anything can happen and it will be awesome. But in any case, one flashy combo from Broner and a bit of showboating will win him a round regardless what Maidana does.

#6758 Jaxamillian

Jaxamillian

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

http://youtu.be/UqQSfJNfWzw?t=3m5s

Anyone who says the handspeed is gone is on crack.  JMM, then Floyd, then GGG.  See you guys after he becomes the GOAT.

#6759 RayTheBest

RayTheBest

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

I like these interviews with old champs. They speak from real fighter's point of view.

#6760 boyakasha!

boyakasha!

My mother has encouraged me to render you unconscious.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,940 posts
  • Location:Trying to decide which is the superior movie... Tommy Boy or Black Sheep?

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

Broner will whip Maidana.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users