208 replies to this topic

#151 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

Tommy Hearns did roids, seriously.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

Who is the rocket scientist in this thread who said Calipari can't coach?

#152 Mike Quartey

Mike Quartey

OKAY JIM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:46 PM

Having a freshman PG hurt Ohio St tonight. Kentucky has 3 nba players, I shouldn't have bet against that kind of talent getting 6 points.

Tomorrow I expect Florida and Uconn to win, but I am rooting for Butler and Arizona so I'm not betting.

#153 crold1

crold1

Unified Champion

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:08 PM

Hard to believe Butler wasn't even rated in the top 25 at season's end.

#154 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE(crold1 @ Mar 26 2011, 10:08 PM) View Post

Hard to believe Butler wasn't even rated in the top 25 at season's end.

Cliffy loves him some mid-majors.   laugh.gif

Just fucking with you.  Bulter is impressive.

#155 crold1

crold1

Unified Champion

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(DetroitMex @ Mar 26 2011, 11:49 PM) View Post

Cliffy loves him some mid-majors.   laugh.gif
Just fucking with you.  Bulter is impressive.

LOL...dude, I don't watch more than 10 seconds of basketball (pro or college) outside of the NCAA tourney.  I just looked it up to see where they were rated 'cause I knew they were pretty well regarded last year.

I will pay attention again if it looks the the Heat will be thumped in the NBA playoffs.  I always need a good laugh.  Otherwise, basketball...meh.

#156 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE(crold1 @ Mar 26 2011, 10:59 PM) View Post

LOL...dude, I don't watch more than 10 seconds of basketball (pro or college) outside of the NCAA tourney.  I just looked it up to see where they were rated 'cause I knew they were pretty well regarded last year.

I will pay attention again if it looks the the Heat will be thumped in the NBA playoffs.  I always need a good laugh.  Otherwise, basketball...meh.

I used to hate Lebron but now he is my boy.  Anyone that drops a gigantic wet turd on the state of Ohio deserves to be revered.  LOL @ the moron owner of the Cavs saying they would win a title before the Heat.

#157 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE(DetroitMex @ Mar 27 2011, 04:02 AM) View Post

I used to hate Lebron but now he is my boy.  Anyone that drops a gigantic wet turd on the state of Ohio deserves to be revered.  LOL @ the moron owner of the Cavs saying they would win a title before the Heat.

Lebron is settling into his role as DRose's bitch. He may as well get used to it.

War Butler! War VCU!

Bet Kansas & Kentucky today.

#158 crold1

crold1

Unified Champion

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(hateso @ Mar 27 2011, 08:49 AM) View Post

Lebron is settling into his role as DRose's bitch. He may as well get used to it.

War Butler! War VCU!

Bet Kansas & Kentucky today.

If Butler-VCU could be the title game, the world will be a better place. *edit for not knowing what the brackets were initially*

Ok.

Maybe not.

That would still be cool.

#159 SpontaneousFury

SpontaneousFury

That guy.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE(hateso @ Mar 27 2011, 04:49 AM) View Post

That's pretty retarded.

#160 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE(SpontaneousFury @ Mar 27 2011, 07:47 PM) View Post

That's pretty retarded.

It's spot on.

#161 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(hateso @ Mar 27 2011, 03:15 PM) View Post

It's spot on.

Doesn't matter to me as long as Lebron keeps shitting on Cleveland.

#162 SpontaneousFury

SpontaneousFury

That guy.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE(hateso @ Mar 27 2011, 12:15 PM) View Post

It's spot on.

Derrick Rose is not playing better than anyone else in the NBA. The Bulls are also a little bit deeper than one player, who's been pretty inefficient in the past month + yet somehow they are still managing to win. They are winning on the strength of their defense, where Rose is certainly not better than Lebron either, nor even the best on his team on that side of the ball.

Edit: Never really liked Lebron but I'll pull for him a bit these days just because so many people hated on him just because he left a shit hole.

#163 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(SpontaneousFury @ Mar 27 2011, 10:51 PM) View Post

Derrick Rose is not playing better than anyone else in the NBA. The Bulls are also a little bit deeper than one player, who's been pretty inefficient in the past month + yet somehow they are still managing to win. They are winning on the strength of their defense, where Rose is certainly not better than Lebron either, nor even the best on his team on that side of the ball.

Edit: Never really liked Lebron but I'll pull for him a bit these days just because so many people hated on him just because he left a shit hole.

Derrick Rose is the MVP of the league. No question about it. Nobody thought the Bulls would be in the running for the top record in the East. He struggled shooting a bit this month, but his team continues to win and he is absolutely the biggest reason why. Inefficient is a laughable description of his play. Without him they wouldn't be near .500

You obviously don't care for him as a player. Anytime I mention him I know you'll be there to argue for whomever I'm comparing him to. None of that changes that he is a great player and Howard is the only guy I'd consider taking over him to start a franchise. The Heat would trade James for Rose tomorrow.

Edited by hateso, 27 March 2011 - 04:12 PM.

#164 PorkChopXprz

PorkChopXprz

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

BIG BLUE!

#165 SpontaneousFury

SpontaneousFury

That guy.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(hateso @ Mar 27 2011, 03:58 PM) View Post

Derrick Rose is the MVP of the league. No question about it. Nobody thought the Bulls would be in the running for the top record in the East. He struggled shooting a bit this month, but his team continues to win and he is absolutely the biggest reason why. Inefficient is a laughable description of his play. Without him they wouldn't be near .500

You obviously don't care for him as a player. Anytime I mention him I know you'll be there to argue for whomever I'm comparing him to. None of that changes that he is a great player and Howard is the only guy I'd consider taking over him to start a franchise. The Heat would trade James for Rose tomorrow.

He will win the MVP, that doesn't make him the best player in the league though. Nobody thought the Bulls would do as well as they have but they seemed a like a top 4 team in the east heading into the season with the pickups they got. Rose is shooting around 40 % in the past month + and he shoots a lot. He's jacking up and missing threes at an alarming rate. His % in both stats has been dropping at the most important part of the season and yet the bulls are still winning. Not 500 without him? Not sure I buy that, they certainly aren't as bad as the Cavs that Lebron had around him. I happen to like Rose, though I'm not sure why that matters. I just disagree that he's playing better than Lebron and find it funny that you think he somehow is owning him, to make matters worse they don't even play the same position.

You're funny but no doubt Dwight Howard is the best player in the league because of how dominant he is on both sides of the ball. He's got more scrubs around him, particularly on the defensive side, of any of the teams who play D worth a shit.

The Heat wouldn't trade a 33 year old James for Rose.

Edit: Not a huge college fan but I guess I'll have to pull for VCU, it will leave a few "experts" with egg on their face.

#166 Chaser

Chaser

Unified Champion

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(DetroitMex @ Mar 25 2011, 09:26 PM) View Post

Who is the rocket scientist in this thread who said Calipari can't coach?

Dude can coach and recruit. Anybody who thinks otherwise is insane. Getting three different teams to the Final Four is absurd.

but dude can also violate some NCAA rules . Kentucky better win it soon before people start digging around.

#167 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE(SpontaneousFury @ Mar 28 2011, 02:10 AM) View Post

He will win the MVP, that doesn't make him the best player in the league though. Nobody thought the Bulls would do as well as they have but they seemed a like a top 4 team in the east heading into the season with the pickups they got. Rose is shooting around 40 % in the past month + and he shoots a lot. He's jacking up and missing threes at an alarming rate. His % in both stats has been dropping at the most important part of the season and yet the bulls are still winning. Not 500 without him? Not sure I buy that, they certainly aren't as bad as the Cavs that Lebron had around him. I happen to like Rose, though I'm not sure why that matters. I just disagree that he's playing better than Lebron and find it funny that you think he somehow is owning him, to make matters worse they don't even play the same position.

You're funny but no doubt Dwight Howard is the best player in the league because of how dominant he is on both sides of the ball. He's got more scrubs around him, particularly on the defensive side, of any of the teams who play D worth a shit.

The Heat wouldn't trade a 33 year old James for Rose.

Edit: Not a huge college fan but I guess I'll have to pull for VCU, it will leave a few "experts" with egg on their face.

MVP and best player are two different things. What I meant by owned is that they have played 3 close games, down the stretch Rose made the plays to win all of them. The Heat haven't beaten them yet.

As for the Bulls supporting cast. I just went a page with you arguing how pedestrian their front court is. I suppode your especially impressed with Keith Bogans. And now Howard has loads of scrubs? Everybody thought they were better than the Bulls before the season.

LOL that the Heat wouldn't trade for Rose. It's as if you've never seen him play. Shooting 44% makes Kobe a legend. Rose had 30pts and 17 assists in his last game. Incredibly inefficient.  laugh.gif

#168 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE(Chaser @ Mar 28 2011, 12:01 AM) View Post

Dude can coach and recruit. Anybody who thinks otherwise is insane. Getting three different teams to the Final Four is absurd.

but dude can also violate some NCAA rules . Kentucky better win it soon before people start digging around.

Butler or VCU winning would be great.  If VCU wins, it will be a big Fuck You to pretentious assholes like Jay Bilas who basically called the committee idiots for including them.  

#169 SpontaneousFury

SpontaneousFury

That guy.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE(hateso @ Mar 28 2011, 05:27 AM) View Post

MVP and best player are two different things. What I meant by owned is that they have played 3 close games, down the stretch Rose made the plays to win all of them. The Heat haven't beaten them yet.

As for the Bulls supporting cast. I just went a page with you arguing how pedestrian their front court is. I suppode your especially impressed with Keith Bogans. And now Howard has loads of scrubs? Everybody thought they were better than the Bulls before the season.

LOL that the Heat wouldn't trade for Rose. It's as if you've never seen him play. Shooting 44% makes Kobe a legend. Rose had 30pts and 17 assists in his last game. Incredibly inefficient.  laugh.gif

The last time they beat the Heat, I remember Rose being upset that he fucked up and his teammates bailed him out at the end. Though certainly, the kid can play and I'm not saying otherwise. Why I was responding had to do with what seemed like you were saying he were better than James. This isn't 1 on 1 and if it were, I don't like Rose's chances. It's clear that the Bulls have better roll players and better team chemistry plus more solid players where as the Heat were 3 guys and then just filling in the roster. Regardless, it's still the season and we will see what transpires in a series.

In terms of point production, they don't have that many options but defensively the bulls have a number of guys who can come in and be effective.

As to the Magic, its a different situation. Lewis and Carter were aging and are now gone. They also lost their backup center in Gortat who actually played solid D when Howard was out of the game and then Pietrus who at times played some good D also. It's not the same team, the Magic used to be one of the deepest but they cut the cord on the team too quickly. During their losing streak, they were missing some of their best players with the flu. So now you've got your boy Arenas, who has to be one of the shittiest and most inefficient players in the league. Their backup center is 6'8" in Brandon Bass and the only semi quality bench player they have on both sides is Reddick. Anderson is an excellent three point shooter but can't play defense to save his life and has terrible ball handling skills.

The Bulls have better pieces and while I know you think it's profound that the Bulls weren't being picked to have the best record in the league before the season, they were, a team with some pretty big new pieces that nobody had yet seen play together.

Of course they wouldn't trade Lebron for Rose. Cool, Rose scored 30 points, the kid can score though when he goes 7- 22 and 0-6 from the three point line, perhaps that reads efficient to you but I've got to disagree. His shooting percentage of late is A.I esque. His assists have dropped off too, even if you can point to the occasional game.

#170 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE(SpontaneousFury @ Mar 28 2011, 08:58 AM) View Post

The last time they beat the Heat, I remember Rose being upset that he fucked up and his teammates bailed him out at the end. Though certainly, the kid can play and I'm not saying otherwise. Why I was responding had to do with what seemed like you were saying he were better than James. This isn't 1 on 1 and if it were, I don't like Rose's chances. It's clear that the Bulls have better roll players and better team chemistry plus more solid players where as the Heat were 3 guys and then just filling in the roster. Regardless, it's still the season and we will see what transpires in a series.

In terms of point production, they don't have that many options but defensively the bulls have a number of guys who can come in and be effective.

As to the Magic, its a different situation. Lewis and Carter were aging and are now gone. They also lost their backup center in Gortat who actually played solid D when Howard was out of the game and then Pietrus who at times played some good D also. It's not the same team, the Magic used to be one of the deepest but they cut the cord on the team too quickly. During their losing streak, they were missing some of their best players with the flu. So now you've got your boy Arenas, who has to be one of the shittiest and most inefficient players in the league. Their backup center is 6'8" in Brandon Bass and the only semi quality bench player they have on both sides is Reddick. Anderson is an excellent three point shooter but can't play defense to save his life and has terrible ball handling skills.

The Bulls have better pieces and while I know you think it's profound that the Bulls weren't being picked to have the best record in the league before the season, they were, a team with some pretty big new pieces that nobody had yet seen play together.

Of course they wouldn't trade Lebron for Rose. Cool, Rose scored 30 points, the kid can score though when he goes 7- 22 and 0-6 from the three point line, perhaps that reads efficient to you but I've got to disagree. His shooting percentage of late is A.I esque. His assists have dropped off too, even if you can point to the occasional game.

Shooting percentage is the most overlooked stat in basketball.  Guys like Stockton and Nash were great at that as point guards, they are efficient.  Especially Nash when you consider he is playing in an era stocked with bricklaying "superstars".

Now I am not saying you have to shoot 50% to be good but nowadays you have points shooting 38% and shit.  That is ridiculous.

#171 SpontaneousFury

SpontaneousFury

That guy.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:19 AM

Yeah, Nash is a pure shooter and makes smart decisions. Couldn't ask for anything else on the offensive side from a PG.

Chris Paul has lost a step but he's pretty efficient also. Curious to see where he ends up.

#172 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(SpontaneousFury @ Mar 28 2011, 01:58 PM) View Post

Thanks for the novel. Maybe someone will read it.  icon14.gif

#173 SpontaneousFury

SpontaneousFury

That guy.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:18 AM

For one, as if you don't have the time and as if you didn't read it. For two, you might as well just say you think D Rose is cute and that you have no interest in a real discussion about basketball.

#174 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE(SpontaneousFury @ Mar 28 2011, 07:18 PM) View Post

For one, as if you don't have the time and as if you didn't read it. For two, you might as well just say you think D Rose is cute and that you have no interest in a real discussion about basketball.

I didn't read a word of it. Looked at the size and laughed. The NBA isn't a topic where you have much relevant to say. I would read a novel on Golf or another topic where you know what you're talking about.

#175 Wally Hopkins

Wally Hopkins

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

Nice March madness thread. VCU shocks Kansas and we get  a LeBron vs Rose debate. Tight.

#176 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE(Wally Hopkins @ Mar 28 2011, 07:46 PM) View Post

Nice March madness thread. VCU shocks Kansas and we get  a LeBron vs Rose debate. Tight.

sleeping.gif

Butler -2 & UConn +2

#177 boyakasha!

boyakasha!

My mother has encouraged me to render you unconscious.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,940 posts
  • Location:Trying to decide which is the superior movie... Tommy Boy or Black Sheep?

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(Wally Hopkins @ Mar 28 2011, 02:46 PM) View Post

Did you get in a bracket pool?  This has been the worst year ever.  I think if you win your office pool this year, it shows you know nothing about college basketball or maybe you chose who would advance by throwing darts at your bracket from across the room.

#178 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(boyakasha! @ Mar 28 2011, 07:53 PM) View Post

Did you get in a bracket pool?  This has been the worst year ever.  I think if you win your office pool this year, it shows you know nothing about college basketball or maybe you chose who would advance by throwing darts at your bracket from across the room.

2 people out of 5.9 million picked the final 4 right on ESPN. I'm guessing it's a girl and a little kid. UConn is the only one I had right, but I've had a very profitable tournament gambling. Since I didn't watch all year, my picks got exponentially better after seeing the first round.

#179 boyakasha!

boyakasha!

My mother has encouraged me to render you unconscious.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,940 posts
  • Location:Trying to decide which is the superior movie... Tommy Boy or Black Sheep?

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(hateso @ Mar 28 2011, 02:58 PM) View Post

2 people out of 5.9 million picked the final 4 right on ESPN. I'm guessing it's a girl and a little kid. UConn is the only one I had right, but I've had a very profitable tournament gambling. Since I didn't watch all year, my picks got exponentially better after seeing the first round.

Wow, that's crazy.  I had UConn losing to Duke in the Elite 8.  So much for that.

Not sure if they do it anymore, but Yahoo used to offer a million bucks to anybody who guessed every game correctly in the tournament.

It is kinda nice to have a Final Four without some of the usual suspects (Duke, UNC, KS).  But I hope it doesn't make the NCAA further expand the tournament in years to come.  I was content with the 64 team field.

#180 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE(boyakasha! @ Mar 28 2011, 08:12 PM) View Post

Wow, that's crazy.  I had UConn losing to Duke in the Elite 8.  So much for that.

Not sure if they do it anymore, but Yahoo used to offer a million bucks to anybody who guessed every game correctly in the tournament.

It is kinda nice to have a Final Four without some of the usual suspects (Duke, UNC, KS).  But I hope it doesn't make the NCAA further expand the tournament in years to come.  I was content with the 64 team field.

VCU wouldn't have made it at 64. I absolutely love the Butler/VCU game. It's totally different than Football when smaller schools play shit schedues and I hate them.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users