10 replies to this topic

#1 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,737 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

That's right. I put Bradley's name first.

#2 RayTheBest

RayTheBest

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

I think Bradley doesn' have anything to bother Mayweather. He doesn't have the kind of pressure game like Castillo. He doesn't have the biggest punching power. He is not as fast as Floyd. He doesn't have the physique that could pose a problem for PBF. Floyd has seen it all and there's nothing Floyd cannot handle about Bradley, IMHO. He even has seen the worst headbutting. Mayweather will win via decisive UD.

#3 amck73

amck73

Unified Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,953 posts
  • Interests:Boxing, soccer, football, women, money.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

Complete mismatch..I like Bradley but he is 2nd class vs Floyd Jr

#4 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,737 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

View Postamck73, on 18 May 2012 - 07:31 AM, said:

Complete mismatch..I like Bradley but he is 2nd class vs Floyd Jr

Time is a motherfucker. You might not say that in a couple years.

Edited by Smelodies, 18 May 2012 - 09:13 AM.

#5 amck73

amck73

Unified Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,953 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostSmelodies, on 18 May 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Time is a motherfucker. You might not say that in a couple years.

So lets wait until a couple of years when Floyd is past his prime and Bradley is still in his.

MM is based on both fighters at their best.
Floyd Jr` best is a more elite one vs Bradley`s best

#6 gimp

gimp

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:BOXING, MUSIC, FITNESS, NUTRITION, HEAVY ROCK.

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Bradley would pose lots of problems for Mayweather.

#7 RayTheBest

RayTheBest

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

It's not going to be 'too easy' for Floyd. It's not like May will toy with Bradley and knock him out cold. It will be competitive but Floyd will win at least 10 out of 12 rounds. Once Floyd sets into the rythm, it will be same thing over and over again. He can do it for 30 rounds. Bradley won't hit Floyd much. He may try to hit the body of Floyd, but Floyd will block that effectively. Bradley won't touch PBF's face much at all. Floyd will just pick his spots and potshot with deadly precision. I think most of the rounds will look the same that we won't be able to tell which round is which.

Edited by RayTheBest, 25 June 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#8 amck73

amck73

Unified Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,953 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

If Floyd is going to win 10 our ot 12, it won`t be that competitive at all.

#9 RayTheBest

RayTheBest

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:16 AM

I'm talking in terms of the action. It's not like Bradley will be in survival mode all the time. Floyd will just pick the spot and potshot effectively and steal the round all the way.

#10 walk with me

walk with me

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

easy fight..... 9-3 UD for floyd

#11 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,737 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

From dan's blog:

He could have returned in December to fight a rematch with Lamont Peterson (the junior welterweight titlist who would have moved up in weight) on HBO for $2.3 million. But Bradley turned it down, even though he had decisively beaten Peterson a couple of years ago.

One of the reasons there could be issues closing a deal with Bradley -- and this is speculation, but some in the business believe could be legit -- is that he is also being considered as an opponent for Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 4.

Obviously, he would make way more money against Mayweather than Gamboa. And he wouldn’t have to lose any weight.

Some might ask how could a Mayweather fight be made, since Mayweather is with Al Haymon and Golden Boy is the main promoter of the event, and Haymon and Golden Boy have horrific relations with Top Rank, Bradley’s promoter.

I believe that if a Mayweather fight was presented to Bradley, that Top Rank, for the right seven-figure cut of the Bradley package, would allow him to go fight Mayweather and stay out of the promotion.

I can see it happening. If you’re Mayweather, Bradley is a better style fight for him than either of the two candidates being discussed for his next fight: Robert Guerrero (a physical southpaw) and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (a bigger man with good power). Bradley is right-handed, smaller and presents less problems than they do.

Maybe I’m being a conspiracy theorist here, but maybe, just maybe, the hang up in announcing Mayweather’s next opponent is because there are delicate talks going on behind the scenes for a possible fight with Bradley, whose attorney Gabriel Penagaricano, has a good relationship with Golden Boy through his recent dealings with the company on behalf of his top client, Miguel Cotto (Mayweather’s last opponent.)

http://espn.go.com/b...-in-discussions

Edited by Smelodies, 20 January 2013 - 10:11 AM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users