5 replies to this topic

#1 Jaxamillian

Jaxamillian

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

You can see how GGG is subtly skilled in there; the quick changes of angles, variety of punches.  He is more than meets the eye.  He destroys Sergio within 3.

#2 Butters

Butters

everyone know's its Butters...that's me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

That was really one sided. Big difference in skills on the inside. GGG is a master at finding angles and space to get his combos off. Jnr looked awfully slow, Roach cant have been happy to see his fighter looking outclassed like that.

I think Jnr has a big heart and a good chin, so it would've taken longer then 3 rds to get him out of there, but he would've been stopped eventually.

#3 Muziko1

Muziko1

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

After watching this, I don't understand how Chavez called him out. He experienced first hand what I've been trying to tell people since I first saw Gennady flexin' his skills all over some unfortunate soul named Gregorz Proksa:
GGG is the TRUTH!
Middleweight Mayhem. All who come forward shall be picked apart in devastating fashion.
His style is all sorts of gospel within the confines of that squared circle... and has anyone seen how he worx that JAB tho?!!?
It's the subtelties in his game that I find admirable. Not only does he come to the party with a pair of heavy ass mitts, it's that he knows when and how to PLACE his shots. Where a defensively minded fighter patiently waits for you to make a mistake in order to capitalize... Golovkin presses the action and FORCES the mistake out of you (see the Macklin fight where he set up that devastating body shot). It's so refreshing to see a Highly Skilled fighter who focuses on the Offense side of the equation. Don't get me wrong, I love and respect defensive wizardry and slickness (Floyd,BHop,Rigondeaux etc...) but Gennady is just as skilled, and he's not waiting for you to open up... he's Opening You Up! LoL.
I'm tryin to tell y'all... them middleweights want none parts of this beast. None.
Pound For Pound Ring General. For Shizzle.

#4 Jaxamillian

Jaxamillian

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Andre Ward seems to have that Floyd and Hopkins ability to make great fighters look ordinary, so I think that he might beat GGG.  Other than that, I honestly don't see anyone beating him.  He destroys Sergio early at this point.

Edit: Forgot to add that Manny probably stops GGG. So Manny and Ward.

Edited by Jaxamillian, 01 October 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#5 dread

dread

I want the angel

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostJaxamillian, on 01 October 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

Andre Ward seems to have that Floyd and Hopkins ability to make great fighters look ordinary, so I think that he might beat GGG.  Other than that, I honestly don't see anyone beating him.  He destroys Sergio early at this point.

Edit: Forgot to add that Manny probably stops GGG. So Manny and Ward.

Probably?

Hater.

#6 Muziko1

Muziko1

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

As much as I enjoy watching GGG, I gets it twisted not. Andre Ward beats Golovkin. Ward's fisticuffery is quite truthful and complete. Too much for Gennady methinx. It'd be an EXCELLENT match tho. Chess match of the highest order n such. I says we makes it happens for shizzle.
I think Gennady stops Sergio as well, but it'd be a good one while it lasts. Makes it Happens for shizzle! There's just a whole host of excellent fights that can be made! The off the chainery level of it all is through the roof tho!

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)