Big Damage

Belt Holder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

View Postprodigious1, on 09 February 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Because of how many times I hear "he could have stopped _______ "

He didn't. Stop trying to give him credit for shit he didn't do, nut... huggers.
I see what you mean.

#62 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

Tommy Hearns did roids, seriously.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

View Postprodigious1, on 09 February 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

It doesn't become truth just because you say it every day, man. You can compare their rise in weight. However, I've also made it very clear that Armstrong did more against a better class of opponent. You always seem to forget that part.

Can't wait to hear the reason why Floyd "allowed" Cotto to last the distance.

Ya can't go around labelling everyone a hugger when your posts consist of

1. Hating Manny Pacquiao

2. Slobbering on Floyd and coming up with bizarre reasons why he doesn't stop more fighters.

Well, I guess ya can, but...

You have me confused with someone else.  He could have stopped JMM, I have no doubt about that.   As far as the others, I don't think I have ever expressed an opinion

I don't hug Floyd, great fighter, but I have never put him on all-time list or anything like that.  I do hate Manny and get a kick out how Floyd pretty much outed him as a cheater.  I hated Floyd for the longest, Manny has made him tolerable for me.  I'll have my Floyd pom poms if they ever fight, though.

The only thing I know for sure is that he would stomp your boy, styles, no styles, whatever, he is a better fighter than Pacroid.  I don't blame him a bit, though, for not getting in the ring with a cheater without reservation

#63 SpontaneousFury

SpontaneousFury

That guy.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostPernell_Fan, on 09 February 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

The reality is that he could've stopped those opponents, but choose to play it safe.

Floyd doesn't have one punch KO power, but can break you down to where the ref would have to stop the fight if he wasn't so safety-first

The reality is that he didn't stop those opponents, anything beyond that is conjecture.

#64 SpontaneousFury

SpontaneousFury

That guy.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostDetroitMex, on 09 February 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

You have me confused with someone else.  He could have stopped JMM, I have no doubt about that.   As far as the others, I don't think I have ever expressed an opinion

I don't hug Floyd, great fighter, but I have never put him on all-time list or anything like that.  I do hate Manny and get a kick out how Floyd pretty much outed him as a cheater.  I hated Floyd for the longest, Manny has made him tolerable for me.  I'll have my Floyd pom poms if they ever fight, though.

The only thing I know for sure is that he would stomp your boy, styles, no styles, whatever, he is a better fighter than Pacroid.  I don't blame him a bit, though, for not getting in the ring with a cheater without reservation

You are definitely a closet Money May fan. It's ok though, always knew you would need to find somebody else to admire now that your boy Juan Diaz isn't getting it done.

#65 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostSpontaneousFury, on 09 February 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

You are definitely a closet Money May fan. It's ok though, always knew you would need to find somebody else to admire now that your boy Juan Diaz isn't getting it done.

You got me, I admit it.  Now I need to come up with incredibly gay nickname for Floyd to equal the flaming gayness of "PacMonster".

Any suggestions?

#66 SpontaneousFury

SpontaneousFury

That guy.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostDetroitMex, on 09 February 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

You got me, I admit it.  Now I need to come up with incredibly gay nickname for Floyd to equal the flaming gayness of "PacMonster".

Any suggestions?

With your being an expert in all things queer, I have no doubt you will do just fine coming up with one all on your own.

#67 prodigious1

prodigious1

Box-Jitsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,728 posts
  • Interests:Consciousness and unconsciousness.

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

All I can say is I'll be rooting hard for Tim and Miguel. Any means necessary.

Fuck 'em both.

I DID root for Pac against Oscar, I admit. But I wanted Floyd to beat him, too.

So they're tied 1-1.

#68 boyakasha!

boyakasha!

My mother has encouraged me to render you unconscious.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,940 posts
  • Location:Trying to decide which is the superior movie... Tommy Boy or Black Sheep?

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

MoneyMonster
FloydFlamer
Pretty Boy Floyd
Ellerbe's Missle

View PostDetroitMex, on 09 February 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

Any suggestions?

#69 Big Damage

Big Damage

Belt Holder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

View Postboyakasha!, on 09 February 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

MoneyMonster
FloydFlamer
Pretty Boy Floyd
Ellerbe's Missle
The Floydinator

#70 boyakasha!

boyakasha!

My mother has encouraged me to render you unconscious.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,940 posts
  • Location:Trying to decide which is the superior movie... Tommy Boy or Black Sheep?

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

AK Floydy 7

#71 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostSpontaneousFury, on 09 February 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

With your being an expert in all things queer, I have no doubt you will do just fine coming up with one all on your own.

My goodness, your break from the board didn't help your smack skills.   Come on, come up with something gayer than Pacmonster.  If anyone can, you can.

#72 Anytime Hester

Anytime Hester

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

bradley has a decent chance here to win

#73 SpontaneousFury

SpontaneousFury

That guy.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

View PostDetroitMex, on 09 February 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

My goodness, your break from the board didn't help your smack skills.   Come on, come up with something gayer than Pacmonster.  If anyone can, you can.

I didn't come up with the "Pacmonster" I believe dougie did. Regardless, try harder. It doesn't get old that you think I care. I'd much rather be a fan of a great fighter like Manny P than to be in lust with an average plodder like Juan Diaz. Does he even still fight?

BTW, it's amusing that you have to come up with justifications for why you are riding on Floyd's bandwagon.

#74 leee

leee

Shut the F*** up Leee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,490 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

We all should be thankful Nate Campbell beat Diaz's ass because it gave birth to D-Roid and keeps the board going in these dark times.

#75 SpontaneousFury

SpontaneousFury

That guy.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

View Postleee, on 10 February 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

We all should be thankful Nate Campbell beat Diaz's ass because it gave birth to D-Roid and keeps the board going in these dark times.

I'm certainly glad that I didn't have to hear anymore about how Diaz was supposedly an impressive fighter.

#76 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostSpontaneousFury, on 10 February 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

I'm certainly glad that I didn't have to hear anymore about how Diaz was supposedly an impressive fighter.

Well, at least he isn't Canadian.

#77 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostSpontaneousFury, on 10 February 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

I didn't come up with the "Pacmonster" I believe dougie did. Regardless, try harder. It doesn't get old that you think I care. I'd much rather be a fan of a great fighter like Manny P than to be in lust with an average plodder like Juan Diaz. Does he even still fight? BTW, it's amusing that you have to come up with justifications for why you are riding on Floyd's bandwagon.

Weak as usual.

I think your PacMonster love is a bit more extreme than being a fan.  You still think he is clean?  Wow us with your logic about how he can't possibly be juicing.

Tell us about Hopkins being a juicer, then deny it, just for old time's sake.

#78 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

View Postleee, on 10 February 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Go to bed leee.

#79 leee

leee

Shut the F*** up Leee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,490 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

View PostSpontaneousFury, on 10 February 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

I remember when D-Mex shat himself when I suggest Diaz was about equal to Wayne McCullough (activity, heart, but sadly no punch to stay at the top). It was a good time at the boards back then. Especially if you upset the ruling cabal.

#80 SenseFullViolence

SenseFullViolence

No mames

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,281 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

re the fight, not a bad non-Money fight (just like Money - Cotto is not a bad non-Pac fight).

People need to remember that bighead Timmy is the tops at 140 (even before Khan was robbed a bit v LPete I had Timmy w a slightly better resume), and now I believe him that he only ducked Khan bc he wanted to fight Pac, which is cool w me.

I still think Pac wins by peppering him from the outside (altho Timmy can box at a distance too, just not as good as Pac) and maybe landing some big shots.   I dont think Timmy will be able to force an inside fight.

B

#81 SpontaneousFury

SpontaneousFury

That guy.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostDetroitMex, on 10 February 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

Weak as usual.

I think your PacMonster love is a bit more extreme than being a fan.  You still think he is clean?  Wow us with your logic about how he can't possibly be juicing.

Tell us about Hopkins being a juicer, then deny it, just for old time's sake.

Unfortunately I don't take the opinions of someone so devoid of intelligent thought such as yourself for much. I certainly never made a case that any athlete in the history of sports couldn't be "juicing", nice try though. I recall you ruling athletes out though.

I never denied that I suspected Hopkins was on PEDs either, which is another lie you like to tell. I've also said numerous times that I believe he could have done it naturally but there's reason for suspecion.

You talk about Pacquiao more than I do btw.

#82 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostSpontaneousFury, on 10 February 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

Unfortunately I don't take the opinions of someone so devoid of intelligent thought such as yourself for much. I certainly never made a case that any athlete in the history of sports couldn't be "juicing", nice try though. I recall you ruling athletes out though.

I never denied that I suspected Hopkins was on PEDs either, which is another lie you like to tell. I've also said numerous times that I believe he could have done it naturally but there's reason for suspecion.

You talk about Pacquiao more than I do btw.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

#83 SpontaneousFury

SpontaneousFury

That guy.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostDetroitMex, on 10 February 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Keep..... on.......trying.......

#84 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Nothing to try.   You pointed at Hopkins while talking shit to people pointing at Pac for circumstantial evidence.   Pac roids because he looks ripped?  Ridiculous according to Spont.  Pac roids because he carries his power?  Ridiculous according to Spont.   Pac cheats because he doesn't lose speed?  Ridiculous according to Spont.

So what made you suspect Hopkins?  Remember the Shilstone comment?  Oh, that's right, you never mentioned Hopkins.  I get it Pac love made you do some goofy shit, it happens.

Nothing to be ashamed about, you were actually right about Hopkins, that is a good thing.

#85 SpontaneousFury

SpontaneousFury

That guy.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostDetroitMex, on 10 February 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Nothing to try.   You pointed at Hopkins while talking shit to people pointing at Pac for circumstantial evidence.   Pac roids because he looks ripped?  Ridiculous according to Spont.  Pac roids because he carries his power?  Ridiculous according to Spont.   Pac cheats because he doesn't lose speed?  Ridiculous according to Spont.

So what made you suspect Hopkins?  Remember the Shilstone comment?  Oh, that's right, you never mentioned Hopkins.  I get it Pac love made you do some goofy shit, it happens.

Nothing to be ashamed about, you were actually right about Hopkins, that is a good thing.

Wake me up when you get a clue or at least say something new.

#86 DetroitMex

DetroitMex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostSpontaneousFury, on 11 February 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Wake me up when you get a clue or at least say something new.

See, we can agree, it isn't anything new at all.  You have always been full of shit on the subject.

#87 prodigious1

prodigious1

Box-Jitsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,728 posts
  • Interests:Consciousness and unconsciousness.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

So does anyone else see this as a near 50-50 deal in the ring? Obviously Pac's influence comes with certain perks not available to Bradley, but how competitive a fight could it be considering the timing, skills and styles?

It's a great opportunity for the young guy, as Pac may be a touch past it these days. Another factor that could be key is Tim's youth and freshness. Manny has been feasting on old, worn or damaged fighters for awhile now, so that young energy is something he hasn't seen in awhile. Cotto  was very good, and still is, but his weaknesses matched up perfectly with Pac's strengths i.e. being wide open up the middle.

I think Bradley has to give Manny proper respect early on. Keep things quiet for a bit and don't get hit with anything big. He can announce that he's here to win without trying to take it to the champ right away. From there he can do what he does best, which is filling in the gaps while the other guy tries to take his head off.

Interesting fight. If the underdog can stay on his feet early on and use that sharp melon to slice an eyebrow along the way, we could have a close one. Looking forward to it. Gotta root for the young guy to ruin the big corporate plans and declare himself the new generation of elite. Hopefully Floyd and Manny stick around long enough to get a young guy over as the new face. We may not have to wait too much longer either.

#88 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

I think Timmy has a reasonable shot, not 50/50. I also don't think a win over Manny would make a star of him. He is pretty bland in and out of the ring. It would be more of a Randall/Chavez situation. But I'm still all for it.

#89 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,739 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Manny's a hard guy to outbox, and Bradley has no punch.  Pacquiao will dominate from the fifth round on, for however long it goes.  Bruce Trampler knows what he's doing.

#90 DJA

DJA

Building a working margin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

Bradley doesn't know how to lose, and anybody who intends to teach him how is going to have to bring everything they have.  If Manny's off his game at all, Bradley will put him through physical hell.  JMM outsmarted Manny.  Tim is going to outcondition him and try to outmuscle him inside.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users