Jump to content





Annual Football Gambling Thread


13 replies to this topic

#1 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

    All Time Great

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anywhere Kobe Bryant isn't
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

Last years miraculous playoff run led to a much needed $55 profit for the season and pushed the streak to at least 10 years. I'm surprised how many College games I'm taking the first week, probably not very wise but I'm ready for some Football!

Fresno St 10 Rutgers $50
Florida 23.5 Toledo $50
Oklahoma St 12.5 Mississippi St $50
Oklahoma 23.5 UL Monroe $50
Georgia 2 Clemson $50
LSU 5 TCU $200
Alabama 20.5 Virginia Tech $100
UCLA 19.5 Nevada $50

#2 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

    All Time Great

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anywhere Kobe Bryant isn't
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

College: 4-4, +$180

Oklahoma St 27 UTSA $50
Stanford 27 San Jose $100

Denver 7.5 Baltimore $50
Chicago 3 Cincinatti $50
Detroit 5.5 Minnesota $50
SF 5 GB $100

#3 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

    All Time Great

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anywhere Kobe Bryant isn't
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

College: 4-6, +$15
Pro: 0-3-1, -$220

Nebraska 4 UCLA $50
Alabama 8 Texas A & M $100
Illinois 10 Washington $50
South Carolina 14.5 Vanderbilt $50
Oregon 28 Tennessee $100

Houston 9 Tennessee $50
KC 3 Dallas $50
Denver 5.5 Giants $50
Seattle 3 SF $50

#4 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

    All Time Great

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anywhere Kobe Bryant isn't
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

College: 8-7, +$155
Pro: 2-5-1, -$230

Clemson 14 NC State $50
Fresno 3 Butt Cheeks $50
Notre Dame 7 Michigan St $150
Michigan 18.5 UConn $50


Philly 3 KC $100
Minnesota 6 Cleveland $50
GB 3 Cincinnati $50
Giants E Carolina $50
Miami 1.5 Atlanta $200
NO 8 Arizona $50
SF 10.5 Indy $100

#5 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

    All Time Great

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anywhere Kobe Bryant isn't
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

College: 10-9, +$245
Pro: 3-11-1, -$670

Georgia Tech 7.5 Virginia Tech $50
Miami 19 South Florida $100
Georgia 2.5 LSU $100
Oklahoma 3.5 ND $50
Ohio St 7.5 Wisconsin $100
Texas A & M 3 Arkansas $100

SF 4 Rams $100
Pitt 1 Vikings $50
Atlanta 2 NE $100
NO 6.5 Miami $200

#6 Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang

    Treat your mother right!

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

3-11 is brutal.  good luck this weekend

#7 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

    All Time Great

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anywhere Kobe Bryant isn't
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

View PostClubber Lang, on 26 September 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

3-11 is brutal.  good luck this weekend

Sure is, thanks. The late TD by Miami killed me. Big difference between -250 & -670.

#8 Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang

    Treat your mother right!

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

I've been doing NFL Wong teasers for the past 3 weeks.  Made huge profits in 2 weeks, and lost last week when Carolina blew out the Giants.

If your book offers +180 for a 3-teamer, +300 for a 4-teamer, or +500 on a 5-teamer ... you can have a positive expectation.

#9 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

    All Time Great

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anywhere Kobe Bryant isn't
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostClubber Lang, on 01 October 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

I've been doing NFL Wong teasers for the past 3 weeks.  Made huge profits in 2 weeks, and lost last week when Carolina blew out the Giants.

If your book offers +180 for a 3-teamer, +300 for a 4-teamer, or +500 on a 5-teamer ... you can have a positive expectation.

I wouldn't bet a teaser if you gave the money for it.

#10 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

    All Time Great

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anywhere Kobe Bryant isn't
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

College: 14-11, +$325
Pro: 6-12-1, -$430

UCLA 6 Utah $50
Florida St 15 Maryland $50
Clemson 14 Syracuse $100
Fresno 26.5 Idaho $50
Oregon 39.5 Colorado $100
Arizona St 5.5 Notre Dame $50
Baylor 28.5 West Virginia $50

Cleveland 4 Buffalo $50
KC 3 Tenn $50
Miami 3 Ravens $100
Bengals E NE $50
Denver 9 Dallas $50

#11 Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang

    Treat your mother right!

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostYellowLorrySlow, on 01 October 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

I wouldn't bet a teaser if you gave the money for it.

Then you are being ignorant.

Check out this book ...

Posted Image

And read the math here under the section "Wong Teasers" ...

http://wizardofodds....ng/appendix/10/

It's profitable if your book gives correct odds.  Most brick and mortar books do not, but some online books do.

#12 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

    All Time Great

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anywhere Kobe Bryant isn't
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostClubber Lang, on 02 October 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

Then you are being ignorant.

Check out this book ...

Posted Image

And read the math here under the section "Wong Teasers" ...

http://wizardofodds....ng/appendix/10/

It's profitable if your book gives correct odds.  Most brick and mortar books do not, but some online books do.

I'm good, teasers are sucker bets. And no, I wouldn't get near those odds. More like -120. Good luck with that though.

#13 Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang

    Treat your mother right!

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostYellowLorrySlow, on 02 October 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

I'm good, teasers are sucker bets. And no, I wouldn't get near those odds. More like -120. Good luck with that though.

Totally agree.  A complete sucker bet.  Except if you cross the 3 and 7 in an NFL game and you get correct odds.

I get -120 also, but you are confused.  That's 2 teamers.  I'm talking about 3-teamers offering +180.  According to Wizard of Odds, you can expect a 6.88% profit over the long run.  And if your book offers 3/1 on a 4-teamer, your positive expected value approaches 11%.  That's astronomical.  You are basically flipping the house edge to your favor.

#14 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

    All Time Great

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anywhere Kobe Bryant isn't
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostClubber Lang, on 02 October 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Totally agree.  A complete sucker bet.  Except if you cross the 3 and 7 in an NFL game and you get correct odds.

I get -120 also, but you are confused.  That's 2 teamers.  I'm talking about 3-teamers offering +180.  According to Wizard of Odds, you can expect a 6.88% profit over the long run.  And if your book offers 3/1 on a 4-teamer, your positive expected value approaches 11%.  That's astronomical.  You are basically flipping the house edge to your favor.

No, I'm not confused at all. Any tease for me would be at -120 , or at least it was 15 years ago or more when I last bet one. I use online accounts for sports like Boxing and Tennis I can't do elsewhere. Anyway, whatever the odds were I learned my lesson long ago with teases and I'd never bet another one. If it works for you that's fantastic. My Football strategy is proven enough for me.



Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users