Adonis Stevenson fighting Nov. 30? Two month turnaround? Awesome!

stevenson

9 replies to this topic

#1 msp1518

msp1518

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

I just heard that Adonis Stevenson, who just beat Cloud to shit last weekend, is turning around and fighting November 30 on HBO? Really? Is that a rumor or truth? That's old school.

Hey, I'm all for it, by the way.

#2 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Rumor is Stevenson/Bellew and Kovalev on the under card. Too bad Adonis winced at the name Kovalev, that's the fight.

#3 Bone Marrow

Bone Marrow

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

View Postmsp1518, on 02 October 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

I just heard that Adonis Stevenson, who just beat Cloud to shit last weekend, is turning around and fighting November 30 on HBO? Really? Is that a rumor or truth? That's old school.

Hey, I'm all for it, by the way.

I think Bellew is mandatory, was even before Cloud. Stevenson was allowed a voluntary defense on the condition that he fought his mandatory before Nov. 30th. Thats what I figured from Eddie Hearn's tweets. He could of course vacate, but I think the belt gets him dough and Bellew is not a bad fight in several ways (good mix of styles/beatable opponent/UK exposure).

But either way, no complaints from here either. Would say though, Stevenson is 36 so its probably not a bad idea to try and make dough quickly, doesnt have much time to waste.

#4 RAWDOGG69STYLE

RAWDOGG69STYLE

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Family...Boxing...MMA...Raiders...Lakers...Drinking...Blazing...Traveling

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

Cloud lookt scurrd in that fight with adonis...if he woulda fought like he had a pair hed a had a chance...i dont care how hard he hits u have to have a gameplan and be able to adapt...but at somepoint u gotta fight and without self belief u better switch up careers this aint for tha timid.

#5 msp1518

msp1518

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

Uh, this is a forum. Not an iPhone. So please, type normal words that we can read. Thank you.

#6 Muziko1

Muziko1

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

Cloud is bum level status since the get go tho. They oughta let Kovalev beat Tavoris into retirement and off network television for shizzle. Kovalev vs Stevenson most certainly IS the match to be made. They're both on a roll. Shit might be as epic as Jonesv.Gustaffson. Which was absolute beauty OMG.

#7 RAWDOGG69STYLE

RAWDOGG69STYLE

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Family...Boxing...MMA...Raiders...Lakers...Drinking...Blazing...Traveling

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

View Postmsp1518, on 03 October 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

Uh, this is a forum. Not an iPhone. So please, type normal words that we can read. Thank you.

Iphone? What are u babbling about numbnutts?

#8 Monzon

Monzon

Monzon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

View PostYellowLorrySlow, on 02 October 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

Rumor is Stevenson/Bellew and Kovalev on the under card. Too bad Adonis winced at the name Kovalev, that's the fight.

I'd like to see Kovalev in a couple more fights against the elite.  He appears to be the goods, but they can still build this fight.

Stevenson vs. Pascal or Bute is a logical fight to be made before Kovalev.  A win for Stevenson against either guy would be huge.  Maybe Kovalev fights one of the others in Canada and then Stevenson-Kovalev around this time next year is all that much bigger of a fight in Canada.  I don't think either man will draw well if the fight is staged here in the US and the network money should be the same regardless of location.  If they build this right in Canada the live gate could be huge (relatively speaking) over there.

#9 RayTheBest

RayTheBest

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Why wait another year? Stevenson is already 36. I wouldn't mind seeing this fight right now while they are both relevant.

#10 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostMonzon, on 04 October 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

I'd like to see Kovalev in a couple more fights against the elite.  He appears to be the goods, but they can still build this fight.

Stevenson vs. Pascal or Bute is a logical fight to be made before Kovalev.  A win for Stevenson against either guy would be huge.  Maybe Kovalev fights one of the others in Canada and then Stevenson-Kovalev around this time next year is all that much bigger of a fight in Canada.  I don't think either man will draw well if the fight is staged here in the US and the network money should be the same regardless of location.  If they build this right in Canada the live gate could be huge (relatively speaking) over there.

Definitely should be in Canada, no concern over judging. Stevenson will get obliterated in short order. I don't want to wait for the same selfish reason I wanted Golovkin/martinez. I don't want the excuses of them being old when it happens and I want the sweet odds. Kovalev was even money with Cleverly, that literally made me drool.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users