103 replies to this topic

#61 Jaxamillian

Jaxamillian

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

That was a one in a million shot.  It's amazing how much hype a fighter gets from his last fight.  JMM after Pac, Pac after Hatton, Matthyse after Peterson.  Bradley's gonna win a boring decision and no one will care.

#62 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostJaxamillian, on 25 September 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

That was a one in a million shot.  It's amazing how much hype a fighter gets from his last fight.  JMM after Pac, Pac after Hatton, Matthyse after Peterson.  Bradley's gonna win a boring decision and no one will care.

Not from me, I've been calling you Pac massacres Marquez fools for two fights.

#63 Jaxamillian

Jaxamillian

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostYellowLorrySlow, on 25 September 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Not from me, I've been calling you Pac massacres Marquez fools for two fights.

I never said Pac killed Marquez.  I was right there with you disagreeing with people that said JMM 3 was a wipeout for Pac.  It doesn't make you, or any boxing fan, impervious to the "last fight was an impressibe knockout" hype.  I think Marquez is gonna have problems here if Tim fights smart.

Edited by Jaxamillian, 25 September 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#64 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostJaxamillian, on 25 September 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

I never said Pac killed Marquez.  I was right there with you disagreeing with people that said JMM 3 was a wipeout for Pac.  It doesn't make you, or any boxing fan, impervious to the "last fight was an impressibe knockout" hype.

That's definitely the biggest pile of shit I've read on here for quite some time.

#65 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,739 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostYellowLorrySlow, on 25 September 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

I doubt you could see him knocking out Pacquiao either.

With Vegas making JMM a favorite, it seems like a majority of the boxing world expects Bradley to be Pacquiaoed. What would really be a Marquez-Pacquiao IV style shocker is if Bradley were to put Marquez to sleep. I would never bet on that, I'm just saying that would be more in keeping with what happened in 2012 in terms of expectation.

Edited by Smelodies, 26 September 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#66 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostSmelodies, on 26 September 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

With Vegas making JMM a favorite, it seems like a majority of the boxing world expects Bradley to be Pacquiaoed. What would really be a Marquez-Pacquiao IV style shocker is if Bradley were to put Marquez to sleep. I would never bet on that, I'm just saying that would be more in keeping with what happened in 2012 in terms of expectation.

Bizarre response.

#67 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,739 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

I'll rephrase: what a shocker it would be if Tim were to stop JMM.

Edited by Smelodies, 26 September 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#68 Jaxamillian

Jaxamillian

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostYellowLorrySlow, on 25 September 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

That's definitely the biggest pile of shit I've read on here for quite some time.

Look at my post history.

Edit:  I guess post history doesn't go back as far as JMM 3.  I was saying it would be his hardest fight since JMM 2.  I don't remember what I called for the 4th fight.

Edited by Jaxamillian, 26 September 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#69 Monzon

Monzon

Monzon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

View PostSmelodies, on 26 September 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Unless JMM has completely gone over the cliff, I don't see that happening.  I could see Bradley dropping Marquez at some point, either from a perfect punch or accumulation (the latter might be more likely, but still not something I'd put more than 50/50 odds on at best).  But if JMM still has gas in the tank he won't be getting stopped.

I do expect Bradley to give JMM a rough go of it.  JMM doesn't have the speed of Pacquiao to offset Bradley's attack.  He's going to have to count on being able to hurt Bradley with precise counterpunches.

JMM has gotten older since the Diaz fight.  But in the first Diaz fight, Juan was able to have success bulling and swarming Marquez.  I think Bradley is a better and stronger version of Diaz.

Unless Bradley has become gunshy as a result of the Provodnikov fight (which I hope is not the case), I think this can be a really good, competitive scrap.

#70 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostSmelodies, on 26 September 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Agreed

#71 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostJaxamillian, on 26 September 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Look at my post history.

Edit:  I guess post history doesn't go back as far as JMM 3.  I was saying it would be his hardest fight since JMM 2.  I don't remember what I called for the 4th fight.

I'll take your word for it.

#72 walk with me

walk with me

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

#73 DJA

DJA

Building a working margin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

Bradley is one of my favorite fighters, and that interview is great.  He just works his ass off and speaks the truth.

#74 Jaxamillian

Jaxamillian

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

Bradley is honest;  I hope he fucks up JMM.  Even though I love how JMM fights, I think he's a fucker.  War Bradley.

#75 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,739 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostJaxamillian, on 28 September 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Bradley is honest;  

Too much honesty. If you were to ask me who exudes more confidence, I'd have to say Marquez. Unless Tim is relishing his role as the underdog, I don't understand why he's saying some of the things he says.

#76 Butters

Butters

everyone know's its Butters...that's me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

View Postwalk with me, on 27 September 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

I love that Bradley says his relationship with his promotor is like a marrage, "a love hate relationship" :D :D :D

#77 Pugilistica Dementia

Pugilistica Dementia

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

Bradley is made for Marquez. He can't hurt him and he thinks he's good enough to stand in there. Marquez will make him remember that concussion he just got over.

#78 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,739 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

View PostPugilistica Dementia, on 29 September 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

Bradley is made for Marquez.

Nacho sure didn't think so.

Article Link - http://www.boxingsce...7#ixzz2gNLrBULT
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

"I have never liked Bradley [as a possible opponent] and I don't know if I can be leveraged in any way to convince my top fighter [to face him]. We would search for an opponent who would [be exciting], and give the people of Mexico everything that they deserve. A fight with Timothy Bradley would be a stinking fight and I wouldn't like to see my top pugilist in that type of fight, and present something like that to the people who have supported Juan Manuel since he was a six round fighter," Nacho said.

#79 Jaxamillian

Jaxamillian

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

I always that this fight would be a stinker.  Looks like me and the Mexican Admiral Ackbar, I mean Nacho, agree.

#80 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostSmelodies, on 30 September 2013 - 04:11 AM, said:

Nacho sure didn't think so.

Article Link - http://www.boxingsce...7#ixzz2gNLrBULT
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

"I have never liked Bradley [as a possible opponent] and I don't know if I can be leveraged in any way to convince my top fighter [to face him]. We would search for an opponent who would [be exciting], and give the people of Mexico everything that they deserve. A fight with Timothy Bradley would be a stinking fight and I wouldn't like to see my top pugilist in that type of fight, and present something like that to the people who have supported Juan Manuel since he was a six round fighter," Nacho said.

Sounds like he's worried about it being boring, not about Bradley winning. What he was really doing was trying to drive up the paycheck.

#81 RAWDOGG69STYLE

RAWDOGG69STYLE

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Family...Boxing...MMA...Raiders...Lakers...Drinking...Blazing...Traveling

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Fuk Arum...always been a fan of Tim how could u not?...they tryin to do him dirty and thats fukt up...odds are Marquez comes in roided tha fuk out n beats tim...but ima root for tha undrrdogg to shock tha world...dude deserves it.

#82 Jaxamillian

Jaxamillian

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostRAWDOGG69STYLE, on 30 September 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

Fuk Arum...always been a fan of Tim how could u not?...they tryin to do him dirty and thats fukt up...odds are Marquez comes in roided tha fuk out n beats tim...but ima root for tha undrrdogg to shock tha world...dude deserves it.

How do you like Canelo but not JMM?

#83 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,739 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

Bradley will win a clear decision.

#84 RAWDOGG69STYLE

RAWDOGG69STYLE

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Family...Boxing...MMA...Raiders...Lakers...Drinking...Blazing...Traveling

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostJaxamillian, on 01 October 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

How do you like Canelo but not JMM?

Jmm is a legend who ever said i didnt like him...Canelos a prodigy...floyds a grand master...there all proven...i like em all i just admire Bradleys willingness to say fuk it im probably supposed to lose but in my mind body n spirit i refuse to lose so lets rock...im a boxing fan i admire different things about different fighters...certain guys i dont like because they have lookt shitty against B level opposition but swear their A level like Erislandy Lara...show me then i will give u props like rigendoux did against donaire or canelo over trout...bradleys proven time and time again he can face adversity or tha odds and prevail...i dont like that jmm was on tha juice vs pac but hey pac started it and jmm just finished it.

#85 msp1518

msp1518

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

Bradley is going to win this. Unlike Pac, he won't get cocky and drop his hands. He'll stay true to himself and win a boring decision.

#86 Smelodies

Smelodies

Rootsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,739 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

View Postmsp1518, on 03 October 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

Bradley is going to win this. Unlike Pac, he won't get cocky and drop his hands. He'll stay true to himself and win a boring decision.

People keep asking how Bradley's chin will hold up if he gets hit with the shots that Provodnikov landed on him. But I have my doubts whether Marquez's chin is as good as Provodnikov's, especially at welterweight. Won't be surprised at all if Juan Manuel visits the canvas a time or two (as usual).

Edited by Smelodies, 03 October 2013 - 06:16 AM.

#87 Muziko1

Muziko1

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

This fight smells like an unexpected all out war brewing. I think BoulderDome Timmy starts it... and Dinamita being the Dinamita that he is, will explode in response. Oh Shitballs. They bout to be serving and eating generous portions of leather and canvas come fight night! For Shizzle!

#88 msp1518

msp1518

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Marquez has been knocked down by Floyd, Pacman, little Juan Diaz and a nearly shot Barrera. Now he always recovers, even from hellacious shots like Pacquiao landed. But he's what, 40 years old now?

Thank God Bradley is not a puncher. That is why I believe Marquez will go the distance. But I don't see him winning this fight as long as Bradley doesn't get stupid the way Pacquiao did in fight IV.

#89 Muziko1

Muziko1

Tomato Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

View Postmsp1518, on 03 October 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Marquez has been knocked down by Floyd, Pacman, little Juan Diaz and a nearly shot Barrera. Now he always recovers, even from hellacious shots like Pacquiao landed. But he's what, 40 years old now?

Thank God Bradley is not a puncher. That is why I believe Marquez will go the distance. But I don't see him winning this fight as long as Bradley doesn't get stupid the way Pacquiao did in fight IV.

I don't think the Baby Bull put Marquez on the canvas. The most he did was send him reeling into the ropes early on in their first encounter but if memory serves me correctly, 'twas not counted as an official knockdown.
Marquez' recovery skills are second-to-none, but I don't think he's going to be calling on them for this fight. At this stage in his carreer and considering the style of his opponent, I'd bet Marquez is focusing on endurance/stamina/conditioning and things of this nature. He's already got the skill set to match Bradley. He just has to make sure he can hang with him for 36 minutes.

#90 Monzon

Monzon

Monzon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostMuziko1, on 03 October 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

I don't think the Baby Bull put Marquez on the canvas. The most he did was send him reeling into the ropes early on in their first encounter but if memory serves me correctly, 'twas not counted as an official knockdown.
Marquez' recovery skills are second-to-none, but I don't think he's going to be calling on them for this fight. At this stage in his carreer and considering the style of his opponent, I'd bet Marquez is focusing on endurance/stamina/conditioning and things of this nature. He's already got the skill set to match Bradley. He just has to make sure he can hang with him for 36 minutes.

And Barrera wasn't nearly shot when JMM put one on him.  You're right about Diaz.  Marquez can get his shit together like no other.  I also have a feeling this one could be a barn burner.  I'm hoping the all out war between Bradley and Provodnikov hasn't made Bradley gun shy.  I don't think it would, dude brings his ass on the regular.  I think Bradley knows he needs to make Marquez work.  That's going to mean lots of exchanges.  Fo shizzl and such.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users