#32 Phillip Drummond

Phillip Drummond

Mr. D

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • Interests:spending time with my 3 kids kimberly, willis, and arnold

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:09 PM

hey xxmike, for the record, duncan was not the man at wake forrest when he first go there.... randolph childress was running shit... in 95 they got put out of the tournament by big country(brian reeves.. remember him?) and his team.... he didn't start to dominate til childress left... and yes camby got in his azz when they played in college... camby was the best player in college bball that year(minus getting posterized by iverson in the elite 8)

and the washington wizards are azz... u would think after lebron kept sneaking past them on the baseline for clutch layups they would improve on defense and the same shit happened tonight.. they are azz...

#33 Iceveins

Iceveins

Niceness

• VIP- Iceveins
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,477 posts
  • Interests:Thats plaid and stripes, evil and necessary.

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:15 PM

What the fuck happened to Eddie Curry, dude gained like 90 pounds in the off season. What a soft slob, someone get that son of a bitch on a treadmill.

98-99 in OT with 20 seconds left. Im sure the Knicks won't deny me the age old tradition of choking in the final seconds.

#34 The Narrator

The Narrator

Prototypical Non-conformist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,790 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:17 PM

Who they playing Ice?

#35 Iceveins

Iceveins

Niceness

• VIP- Iceveins
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,477 posts
  • Interests:Thats plaid and stripes, evil and necessary.

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:18 PM

Memphis

Lee with a put back, 100-99 Knicks.

19 seconds left.

#36 The Narrator

The Narrator

Prototypical Non-conformist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,790 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:21 PM

Lee can play. He'll be good if he gets minutes.

#37 Phillip Drummond

Phillip Drummond

Mr. D

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:21 PM

yeah i'm watcihgn with 4.9 left

#38 Congressman Facquiao

Congressman Facquiao

Nudity, Adult Theme, Strong Sexual Content

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,014 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(xxmike805xx @ Nov 1 2006, 07:07 PM) View Post

From Wikipedia.com
Tim Duncan was a two-time ACC Player of the Year with the Wake Forest University Demon Deacons.
Duncan was an All-American at Wake Forest, where he finished with honors in psychology. Duncan won the 1997 John Wooden Award as the NCAA's best overall male player based on the votes of sportscasters and newswriters. In that season, Duncan averaged 20.8 points per game and 14.7 rebounds per game. Duncan finished his college career as the leading shot blocker in NCAA history, and he is one of only 10 players with more than 2,000 career points and 1,500 career rebounds. He was also the first player in NCAA history to reach 1,500 points, 1,000 rebounds, 400 blocked shots and 200 assists.

Yeah, yeah.  I knew he'd be good.  Didn't know he'd be perennial All-NBA 1st Team.  The fucker looked kinda soft to me in college.  Turns out his fundamentals won out.  Excuse the fuck out of me.  Not every college superstar ends up a career all-star.

#39 Phillip Drummond

Phillip Drummond

Mr. D

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:47 PM

the knicks are still garbage.. atkins is killing robinson and for some reason isiah keeps him out there guarding him... they let the grisleys grab 3 straight off boards... they had the ball for over  a minute and some change

#40 Ron Champ Miller

Ron Champ Miller

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:03 PM

is the zeke watch on? i think he will make it out of 06...

great game..looks like the jailbirds sneak one out on the road(sonics blew a late lead)

clippers are hangin tough with suns....gotta love walton...FEED THE BIG MAN!!!!

nba league pass is the shitttts..

sixers over hawks...1-0... cool.gif

#41 PhillySteaks

PhillySteaks

MY MAN!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Jesus Christ(The Lord), Family, Boxing, Basketball & Football!

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE(CASPer @ Nov 1 2006, 10:13 PM) View Post

Oar i actually like that 2nd year Celt. Can't remember his name.. Kid got some serious hops.

Here you go Casper!

Gerlad Green @ Celts Summer league.

http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/green_dunk_320.mpg

& this.........................

IPB Image

Edited by PhillySteaks, 02 November 2006 - 04:20 AM.

#42 flipside

flipside

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:08 AM

i know isiah is a turd but something tells me the knicks will actually surprise a lot of people this year falling just short of the playoffs. theyve got pretty good players and theyre out to prove that larry brown was the problem last year and not the players.

lakers are decent w/out kobe, odom can do his thing and they play better as a team.  if kobes knee is worse than advertised, he might be forced to play a team game which can only help the lakers.

watch out for the raptors by mid-season, they're the phoenix suns of the east.

why the fock are the celts getting younger every year when they need proven players to surround paul pierce. make up yer mind danny boy!

#43 Ron Champ Miller

Ron Champ Miller

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:08 AM

sort of saw the tribute to red on ESPN, but missed most of it...
same ole sheed...lol..maybe the pistons will miss him..

lakeshow 2-0...maybe they dont need kobe  laugh.gif

#44 Phillip Drummond

Phillip Drummond

Mr. D

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:15 AM

pistons are not gonna do good this year.. the refs aren't taking any shit this season and sheed may get ejected from at least 30 games...

#45 Congressman Facquiao

Congressman Facquiao

Nudity, Adult Theme, Strong Sexual Content

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,014 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:16 AM

damn the warriors suck.  every year it's the same shit.  warriors suck, then i pay my income taxes.

donnie had them running the fast break all right, but hey!  no one went and got the fucking rebound.  fucking embarrassing.  3 times i noticed a lakers missed shot went up, and ALL FIVE warrior assholes started jetting down the court.

#46 SWAG FLU

SWAG FLU

Unified Champion

• KALI KING
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(Facquiao @ Nov 2 2006, 07:51 AM) View Post

damn the warriors suck.  every year it's the same shit.  warriors suck, then i pay my income taxes.

donnie had them running the fast break all right, but hey!  no one went and got the fucking rebound.  fucking embarrassing.  3 times i noticed a lakers missed shot went up, and ALL FIVE warrior assholes started jetting down the court.

laugh.gif Ya jackass. We can send a local girls volleyball team to whoop on any Bay area pro team.

How much does anyone want to bet Kobe fucks up the chemistry this team is having? dry.gif

#47 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:04 AM

I hit a three team parlay last night.

Indiana,Phoenix & Milwaukee. And had the Wizards straight. I once lost 11 straight NBA games, so that was a historic evening for me.

Tonight I got teh Spurs & Nuggets.

#48 SWAG FLU

SWAG FLU

Unified Champion

• KALI KING
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE(Mark I @ Nov 2 2006, 08:39 AM) View Post

Indiana,Phoenix & Milwaukee. And had the Wizards straight. I once lost 11 straight NBA games, so that was a historic evening for me.

Damn dude. You bet on basketball too? I hate betting on basketball. Final FOur is fun and sometimes predictable. NBA is wack for wagering.

#49 YellowLorrySlow

YellowLorrySlow

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,745 posts
  • Interests:Making a fool of YOU!

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(Cannot be Banned @ Nov 2 2006, 04:42 PM) View Post

Damn dude. You bet on basketball too? I hate betting on basketball. Final FOur is fun and sometimes predictable. NBA is wack for wagering.

Not usually. I have been hot so I dropped $50 on the parlay & the straight bet. WVU big tonight dawg. Hit me up Saturday if you want to bet some horses.

#50 Phillip Drummond

Phillip Drummond

Mr. D

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(Facquiao @ Nov 2 2006, 10:51 AM) View Post

what do u expect? they're wit don nelson.. so they will be playing even less defense than they did last year(which was none)....

#51 Ron Champ Miller

Ron Champ Miller

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE(Mark I @ Nov 2 2006, 08:39 AM) View Post

lol..funny you mention that..i went 0-11 then 8-0..funny game, b-ball..used to love takin the pts with the old clippers..they would lose, but usually cover the number...

QUOTE(flipside @ Nov 2 2006, 06:43 AM) View Post

i know isiah is a turd but something tells me the knicks will actually surprise a lot of people this year falling just short of the playoffs. theyve got pretty good players and theyre out to prove that larry brown was the problem last year and not the players.

lakers are decent w/out kobe, odom can do his thing and they play better as a team.  if kobes knee is worse than advertised, he might be forced to play a team game which can only help the lakers.

watch out for the raptors by mid-season, they're the phoenix suns of the east.

why the fock are the celts getting younger every year when they need proven players to surround paul pierce. make up yer mind danny boy!

knicks will fall short of the playoffs again....VERY VERY VERY short..no way zeke makes it through the yr..suits him right, though..the knicks are his iraq/vietnam..lol

odom will disappear once kobe comes back like he always does...i think his knee may be worse..cant believe him and the kid have been playin like 10 yrs...

raptors?
celts, warriors are brutal..nothin new there....red or not..

QUOTE(Tobias Beecher @ Nov 2 2006, 08:54 AM) View Post

what do u expect? they're wit don nelson.. so they will be playing even less defense than they did last year(which was none)....

is that possible?lol

#52 Quagmire

Quagmire

Unified Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:37 AM

The NBA refereeing is horrible.  The refs have no idea how to implimant this new rule about "not showing up the refs."  It is NOT supposed to be a zero tolerance rule and they are supposed to give the players a warning.  This first technical against Rasheed was bullshit.  He was just showing emotion during the game and they called a technical on him which led to him going off and getting another one.  Last night, the refs called three soft technicals on the Nuggets, including two against Carmelo.  Not only did they throw out the Nuggets best player, but their bad officiating also helped decide the result of the game.  The Nuggets took the lead by one point with 18 seconds to go after J.R. Smith stole the ball from Cassell and dunked it on the fast break.  The Clippers called a timeout and Cassell went right over to the ref and starting bitching in his face.  The ref did not even think about giving him a technical.  Even worse, they called a phantom foul against the Nuggets when the play resumed as a make up call for Cassell.  Cassell makes two free throws and the Clippers win the game.

#53 Ron Champ Miller

Ron Champ Miller

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(Quagmire @ Nov 3 2006, 08:12 AM) View Post

The NBA refereeing is horrible.  The refs have no idea how to implimant this new rule about "not showing up the refs."  It is NOT supposed to be a zero tolerance rule and they are supposed to give the players a warning.  This first technical against Rasheed was bullshit.  He was just showing emotion during the game and they called a technical on him which led to him going off and getting another one.  Last night, the refs called three soft technicals on the Nuggets, including two against Carmelo.  Not only did they throw out the Nuggets best player, but their bad officiating also helped decide the result of the game.  The Nuggets took the lead by one point with 18 seconds to go after J.R. Smith stole the ball from Cassell and dunked it on the fast break.  The Clippers called a timeout and Cassell went right over to the ref and starting bitching in his face.  The ref did not even think about giving him a technical.  Even worse, they called a phantom foul against the Nuggets when the play resumed as a make up call for Cassell.  Cassell makes two free throws and the Clippers win the game.

i was watchin the dallas-spurs game last night...ref t'd dude up for just lookin at him   blink.gif

i dunno...i see both sides...but its like anyother sport, why bother arguing? the call aint gonna change..i guess you can argue you want the ref to know whats goin on, or for him to explain why he called a foul on you, but that sometimes backfires as then he is 'lookin' at you, constantly..

i do think 'makeup' calls will still be in play, though...
sheed is a target, no doubt..but dude brings alot on it himself...

i remember a time when players would just raise their hand and not say a word...

Edited by Ron Champ Miller, 03 November 2006 - 08:43 AM.

#54 flipside

flipside

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:57 AM

or do what mj used to do, just stare at the ref and give him a look and shake his head as if he was yer father dissapointed in his son failing at school. next trip down the court, michael travels, no call, gets fouled and 1.

#55 Quagmire

Quagmire

Unified Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:57 AM

Carmelo was walking back to the bench and he tossed his headband to a ballboy when they gave him his second technical.  He was upset about having a foul called against him but he did a lot less than what Cassel did later in the game.  

If used right, this new rule is not that bad but the refs seem to just pull technicals out of their asses.  They give out no warning and they show no consistency.

#56 Phillip Drummond

Phillip Drummond

Mr. D

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:48 PM

the reffing will get worse in the playoffs... if u thought wade shooting 21 freethrows last year on phantom fouls then that 40 or so freethows a game he's gonna average a game in this year will change your mind....

and the kobe surgery is probably just some carilege cleanup like in 2003.... i donm't think it's ligament damage.... i just wonder why guys like him and stoudamire don't wear knee braces knowing their knees are fuked up....

#57 Phillip Drummond

Phillip Drummond

Mr. D

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:16 PM

odom will disappear once kobe comes back like he always does...i think his knee may be worse..cant believe him and the kid have been playin like 10 yrs...

how could i miss this laugh.gif  are u serious? hahaha. kobe is 28 the SAME age as jordan when he won his 1st title in 91... so 28 is now the new 40? hahahaha oh shit... dog u must be 15...... mfs usually hit their peek when they are around 31.....

#58 Wanevaan

Wanevaan

RIP Gil Scott-Heron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:53 PM

Kobe at 28 is not equal to Jordan at 28.

Kobe's an old 28 as you already know. Plus you can argue Kobe has already hit his stride, the guy has a 3-5 year window to get a title...

I do think he will win one in that period, or in the least will be pefrectly poised to do so.

#59 Phillip Drummond

Phillip Drummond

Mr. D

• The VIPs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:12 PM

old 28? haha ok man... never had any injuries...didn't ever have to play hard until shaq left...  jordan even came back and at 40 lit the hornets up for liike 50 right?  shit, if kobe is old at 28 then what the hell am I?  if u take care of your body, as jordan and kobe both did in their career, u will last longer... can u imagine if shaq had worked out every off season?

btw, the oldest 28 year old i have ever seen was fernando vargas...

#60 Ron Champ Miller

Ron Champ Miller

Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE(Tobias Beecher @ Nov 3 2006, 02:51 PM) View Post

how could i miss this laugh.gif  are u serious? hahaha. kobe is 28 the SAME age as jordan when he won his 1st title in 91... so 28 is now the new 40? hahahaha oh shit... dog u must be 15...... mfs usually hit their peek when they are around 31.....

re-read what i said..

where did i say anything about kobe's age? all i said was i cant believe hes been playin for 10 yrs(him and KG)...

so, i'm not sure what you are talking about

does odom not disappear when they are both on the floor?
i dont know how serious his knee is...apparently he might play tonight..

i do agree kobe keeps himself in tremendous shape..off season or on..but he has had some injuries..he is not a young kid anymore..the window has closed

shaq? yes, who knows..but he's still had a good career, nonetheless..

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users